Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 05:39 PM

39 posts, read 60,084 times

Advertisements

I can't wait to leave this place. The guy above me let's his little girl run all over the place and of course I have to sit back and "enjoy it" while I'm trying to sleep. After she's finished playing "track and filed" I have to listen to the guy play his guitar.

People are so damn inconsiderate. I did call the LL.

That just blows me away. You let your kid stomp on the floors all day than you take out your guitar and have a "jam session". AMAZING!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 05:43 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
The joys of leasing.

Good argument to go purchase a single family home.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The joys of leasing.

Good argument to go purchase a single family home.

Man, you're not kidding! That's what I've been thinking about. The lease is not up until March 2013.......at which time I'll be relocating.

When I lived in Chicago, I lived in a nice, old building that had concrete floors and walls. The place was solid. I could not hear a thing. I'm sure NYC has buildings like that.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:59 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Davis III View Post
Man, you're not kidding! That's what I've been thinking about. The lease is not up until March 2013.......at which time I'll be relocating.

When I lived in Chicago, I lived in a nice, old building that had concrete floors and walls. The place was solid. I could not hear a thing. I'm sure NYC has buildings like that.
There is a large Indian (India) population in this area. They live in many of the apartments and drive out others due to their cooking. Nothing like the strong smell of Curry coming at you from all sides.

It's like cigarette smoke that permeates into the walls & carpets and can be overwhelming.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
The reason I decided never to live in a multi living complex again.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:33 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The reason I decided never to live in a multi living complex again.
What do you do now? Rent homes instead...

Old 03-03-2012, 07:56 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
That's what you get when you live in a sticks & nails building. Property owners/developers have one concern: $$$$$$.
The better the sound proofing the more $$$ it costs and they know you will leave someday.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
That's what you get when you live in a sticks & nails building. Property owners/developers have one concern: $$$$$$.
The better the sound proofing the more $$$ it costs and they know you will leave someday.
Actually it's not a sticks and nails building. It was an old Victorian mansion that has been converted into 1 bedroom apartments. The interior of the building is not the best in terms of quality. The exterior is solid.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,698,390 times
Quote:
Actually it's not a sticks and nails building. It was an old Victorian mansion that has been converted into 1 bedroom apartments. The interior of the building is not the best in terms of quality. The exterior is solid.
I think the comparison is sticks and nails vs concrete and steel.

Modern Condos in the city have concrete floors and ceilings which very effectively stop just about all noise transmission plus modern windows are also very effective.

Don't discount the noise enhancing ability of hard surfaces such a hardwood floors and blinds...

Had to install carpet with commercial pad over newly refinished hardwood and floor to ceiling drapes in one 4 -plex over noise issues and it did the trick...

Old 03-05-2012, 12:13 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,087,456 times
Quote:

Did you just sign this lease? It is now March 2012, did you sign a lease for more then one year? I don't understand why you would be obligated for another year unless you just now moved in. It is possible to break a lease in some situations if the neighbors are all that noisy and difficult to live with, but it will take some work on your part documenting the problems. Kids running around sounds pretty like a pretty normal activity. I doubt you will get anywhere with that complaint. Is the guitar electric or acoustical. If its electric/amplified you may have a legitimate complaint there. Start putting your complaints in writing and sending them to the landlord, keeping copies to create a paper trail, that could eventually entitle you to break your lease if nothing is done to correct the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting