Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 08:26 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times

Advertisements

I did move. Tho Section 8 has a different lease than those paying full price. Why no section 8 there??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 08:32 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Other properties around here allow Section 8, but my owner doesn't. It's more hassle for the owner than a tenant who is not on Section 8, and there are enough applicants here, that he doesn't need to do it.

Section 8 leases are different, there are different rules regarding giving notice to vacate, etc., from what I understand.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:43 PM

584 posts, read 1,936,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Other properties around here allow Section 8, but my owner doesn't. It's more hassle for the owner than a tenant who is not on Section 8, and there are enough applicants here, that he doesn't need to do it.

Section 8 leases are different, there are different rules regarding giving notice to vacate, etc., from what I understand.
like you have to fix things in the apt and hall and grounds thats the only difference

Old 07-31-2013, 07:15 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I did move. Tho Section 8 has a different lease than those paying full price. Why no section 8 there??

Because section 8 renters are usually more trouble than their worth.

Their tracks records (as a whole) speaks for itself.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:26 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
It's not always the landlord who cares if the tenant calls the cops, it's the cops. They don't appreciate being called for stupid stuff that the onsite manager should be and could be handling. Your boss could end up fined by the city for such calls..you might want to call them as ask if they have such a policy. Or at least tell your tenants to call the non emergency number and let the police decide if they show up or not.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 08-02-2013 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: Remove Off Topic

Old 07-31-2013, 03:35 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
My boss will be fined because I called the cops because a person was sleeping in the hallway? That is "stupid stuff"? You're just stretching for something to be mean about now. That's ridiculous.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 08-02-2013 at 11:04 AM..

Old 07-31-2013, 07:30 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,281,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I DID call 911. got balled out cause the past out drunk in the hall way was a tenant. Was told wasn't my business as long as I could get safely in my apt ... Seems the difference in a full paying tenant and one on Section 8. Not long after that they evicted a tenant After they called the cops for being drunk in their own apt. YES I would call mgr let them handle it. YOUR Job.
That's terrible that they told you that - how are you supposed to guess if the hallway drunk is dangerous or not before risking walking by him? You also couldn't have known if it was actually someone in a diabetic emergency or somerthing (which can look a lot like a woozy drunk). I would have called the cops too, and let them figure out the drunk's issue.

I've actually had cops thank me for calling in suspicious stuff that some people would consider "stupid calls". One told me I was the only person that night to call in four rapid gunshots at 11pm in a heavily populated suburb. What if someone was bleeding out on the ground in a nearby alley?!

Old 07-31-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton42 View Post
like you have to fix things in the apt and hall and grounds thats the only difference
I get very conserned when LL Refuse Section 8. worries me about upkeep. slumlord

Old 07-31-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Because section 8 renters are usually more trouble than their worth.

Their tracks records (as a whole) speaks for itself.
Most Section 8 tenants are disabled or elderly....As I said in another thread Dont distroy things. I Seen full paying tenants tear a place apart.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Whut View Post
That's terrible that they told you that - how are you supposed to guess if the hallway drunk is dangerous or not before risking walking by him? You also couldn't have known if it was actually someone in a diabetic emergency or somerthing (which can look a lot like a woozy drunk). I would have called the cops too, and let them figure out the drunk's issue.

I've actually had cops thank me for calling in suspicious stuff that some people would consider "stupid calls". One told me I was the only person that night to call in four rapid gunshots at 11pm in a heavily populated suburb. What if someone was bleeding out on the ground in a nearby alley?!
There was a movie cant remember the name True Story. This lady was murdered took Hours for the murder to stab her over 50 times All the neighbors did Nothing BUt listen to her screams for help Not one called the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting