Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 01:36 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
Sounds like many baby boomers I know.

Further run this country into the ground? Please run for office to stop the madness! What's the average age of congress again?

Bottom line, some people feel entitled, some don't. It's not an age thing.

It's a lot more than 'some' and yes, it's an age thing.....a younger age thing...like 18-25ish....the majority of them feel like life should be handed to them on a silver platter with a gold plated spoon in which to scoop out the good parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 02:25 PM

66 posts, read 214,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Whoa! Why so angry?

My tenants are respected when they are respectful. I was very respectful to this particular tenant and what you don't know is how much she complains and complains about everything.

10 years from now she could be a prostitute....I only care about today.

But let me tell you what is REALLY going to happen in 10 years:

She's going to continue to be a pain in the ass "know it all" with nothing to back her up while flapping her gums over nonsense to prove she is "right". She will eventually be put in her place from someone who doesn't understand her brain isn't fully developed yet. She will grow up, be 31 and look back on what a child she acted like in many circumstances, including this one, when she thought she "knew it all" and didn't....and be a little embarrassed.

I'm a landlord, and my properties are a business.

I don't run a babysitting service where the squeaky wheel gets the most oil. There are legal contracts, laws, regulations and ordinances I have to follow as a LL and part of the issue when renting to 18-22 year olds is that they don't understand that it IS a business - and NEVER read their lease. Can't find the thing 90% of the time when I ask them to refer to it.

This peri-menopausal middle aged beyotch with 3 kids and a ton of responsibilities has already been there and done that. I've already been to college, I've been 21 and 25 years old. My other peri-menopausal middle-aged beyotchy friends with kids and a ton of responsibilities (who have also already been to college and 21 and 25 years old) and I get together and sometimes reminisce that "had we only known THEN what we know NOW".

And that sentiment, my friend, doesn't change no matter what "alphabet generation" you are a born in to.

PREACH!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting