Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:17 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,098,105 times

Advertisements

Sorry to hear about the trees getting cut down. I know what you mean about watching the birds and squirrels. It's nice to see some life outside upper story windows. I love looking out my 2nd floor window and being eye level with the squirrels that sit in my pine tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 09:55 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,607,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I am so very sad right now. There were two beautiful, tall pine trees outside my bedroom window at the apartment complex where I live. My cats and I enjoyed watching the squirrels frolic and feed in the trees. Today some tree cutters just came down and cut them to the stump, gone! Why???

Not a happy camper!!!
These are some of the things that make life beautiful. So sorry this happened.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:15 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurabug View Post
Passive aggressive much? Sheesh....

Anyway, OP, that's a real bummer Nothing you can really do about it though. Except maybe get sneaky and ninja plant a new tree (I'm kidding btw).

Unfortunately Katie1 is right. There is no doubt we are a litigation nation. Hell it's the battle cry of the modern man. "I'll sue you". Not only do you hear it all the time you see it all the time. How many times have you heard in conversation " Go sue him, I'll sue or I'll file a lawsuit". How many frivolous lawsuits get reported daily. And how many don't? So I can't say that I blame them for removing the trees.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:46 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
If you're that torn up about the trees being cut down, find your own home and plant all the trees you want.

I can understand being a bit upset, but sad? Please....it's a tree and it's not even your tree. Put some light blocking curtains (they're cheap and they work great)

I have trees outside my unit (3rd floor) and yeah, I'd be upset if they cut them down, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. We have landscapers come 3x a week and I know they aren't cheap and sometimes it's all about the money......would you rather have your trees or have your rent go up to cover the cost of maintenance?

Old 05-24-2014, 09:55 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
........... two beautiful, tall pine trees.......... they were shedding branches and leaves and posed a tripping hazard. ............
Pine trees don't normally drop branches. So there is a possibility that the trees were ill. If they were dropping branches, there is an issue with roof and building damage when the winds blow. If the trees were really ill, they might have come down entirely in a wind storm.

Your only real option, OP, is to give up the apartment life and buy a house where you can plant all the trees you want and you can be the one to go out a couple of times a day and remove any fallen branches and rake up the leaves and clean the gutters so that rain water doesn't back up into your house.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:39 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
So why doesn't she get her OWN trees?

As an FYI, if she is an SRP customer, have her call SRP's residential energy efficency office and ask about SRP's Shade Tree Program. They give away FREE threes to customers to plant on the east. west and south sides of their property to shade the house. This is not one of those free items if you use a certain authorized company to install it, you attend a educational meetinga nd they give you up to THREE (you select the variety from a list) FREE TREEs.
I suppose she probably will have to put in some trees on that side. Up until now, she hadn't needed them. It's really too bad; the house that had the trees had beautiful landscaping because it was the model home.
In Arizona, you value the trees, and don't just chop them down.

ETA: Her yard on that side is about 5-6' wide, so not a lot of room for trees. She did have her chicken enclosure there, since it was nice and shady for the chooks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting