Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 12:29 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,561,614 times

Advertisements

I am so very sad right now. There were two beautiful, tall pine trees outside my bedroom window at the apartment complex where I live. My cats and I enjoyed watching the squirrels frolic and feed in the trees. Today some tree cutters just came down and cut them to the stump, gone! Why???

Well, I asked why. The lady in the office said it was because they were shedding branches and leaves and posed a tripping hazard. Well gee, you couldn't utilize a leaf blower, a rake, what not?? No, you just had to cut down two beautiful trees in their prime and now what do I have to look at? Nothing! Not to mention my SMUD bill might go up now because the sun shines right into my room more directly now!

Not a happy camper!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 12:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I am so very sad right now. There were two beautiful, tall pine trees outside my bedroom window at the apartment complex where I live. My cats and I enjoyed watching the squirrels frolic and feed in the trees. Today some tree cutters just came down and cut them to the stump, gone! Why???

Well, I asked why. The lady in the office said it was because they were shedding branches and leaves and posed a tripping hazard. Well gee, you couldn't utilize a leaf blower, a rake, what not?? No, you just had to cut down two beautiful trees in their prime and now what do I have to look at? Nothing! Not to mention my SMUD bill might go up now because the sun shines right into my room more directly now!

Not a happy camper!!!
I feel your pain. The property next to ours had some beautiful tropical trees. The woman who bought the property (from California) had them all removed so they would not "attract bugs." This is Florida--there are bugs everywhere, even in her barren yard.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:40 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
They where not YOUR trees
It's a simple solution to a potential legal and money draining problem.

Such is life living in other people's properties.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:47 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
We live in a society that cares more about paper and ink (money) than the trees that give us our oxygen.

But this is one reason too why I despise renting and apartments especially.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:51 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,306,840 times
And if some one climbed the trees & broke in You be the 1st to sue!
BTW Blinds work wonders at blocking sun!

Old 05-23-2014, 03:52 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Theire just looking out for their butts. If some moron gets drunk trips on a broken branch and falls breaks a arm or cracks a noggin they will be sued. Or branch breaks falls on a car etc.
Basically comes down to liability. They want to reduce theirs.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:54 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,617,748 times
One of the benefits of home ownership. If you love your trees, you get to keep them. Hopefully you can move into your own place at some point.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:45 PM

575 posts, read 1,469,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
And if some one climbed the trees & broke in You be the 1st to sue!
BTW Blinds work wonders at blocking sun!
Passive aggressive much? Sheesh....

Anyway, OP, that's a real bummer Nothing you can really do about it though. Except maybe get sneaky and ninja plant a new tree (I'm kidding btw).

Old 05-23-2014, 06:19 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Sorry to hear that, OP. My sister just told me that her new neighbor cut down the shade trees in her yard, and now full Arizona sun beats on the side of my sister's house. Doubtless her electric bill will go up.

Yes, she has blinds on the windows on that side, a laughable suggestion to sun exposure on the whole building.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:32 PM

13,130 posts, read 21,006,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Sorry to hear that, OP. My sister just told me that her new neighbor cut down the shade trees in her yard, and now full Arizona sun beats on the side of my sister's house. Doubtless her electric bill will go up.

Yes, she has blinds on the windows on that side, a laughable suggestion to sun exposure on the whole building.
So why doesn't she get her OWN trees?

As an FYI, if she is an SRP customer, have her call SRP's residential energy efficency office and ask about SRP's Shade Tree Program. They give away FREE threes to customers to plant on the east. west and south sides of their property to shade the house. This is not one of those free items if you use a certain authorized company to install it, you attend a educational meetinga nd they give you up to THREE (you select the variety from a list) FREE TREEs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting