Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:06 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,351,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
I'm a partner in an investment group that owns dozens of rental complexes. We hire management companies to manage the property. We pay that management company to manage the properties. We despise getting letters from the tenants about problems. He hate it even more when tenants have not followed the proper procedures to resolve issues before they bother us with the issue.

So, what specifically does your lease or complex house rules say about the issue you are facing? If it's addressed in the lease or the house rules, did you make a formal demand of management to correct the problem and uphold the lease/house rules? Did you give them a specific date to rectify the situation? Most important, are you doing it in the manner your lease and state law requires to preserve your rights as a tenant?

Now,a s to finding the owner, that depends on how the property ownership is structured. You will not find our individual names on the ownership records, only the investment corporation and its statutory agent. With some digging, you can follow some of the paper trail back to what trust owns what and who are the investors of those trust.
ALL addressed above & below your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Depending on your county, you can pull up tax records online with the address. I always do this for every house i rent, i want to ensure my rent is keeping the taxes paid and that they arent a slumlord (atleast in the tax sense).
Ah, I've hit a wall...
https://arcc.sdcounty.ca.gov/Pages/document-copies.aspx

... seems I need doc #'s & recording years, name of an owner, etc.

Again, this info was found in 1-min last year online. I don't know why I can't find something/someone/some entity I can contact, which is above the heads of the property mngmt staff (multiple letters written/phone calls/face to face interactions to the office haven't resolved the issue), since they've not been able to handle the situation in 10-mos (that I've been here) & years (according to other tenants).

If prop mngmt can't handle it... there has to be someone else who can, no?

Old 08-04-2014, 11:22 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,847,256 times
Can you go through the courts and put your rent in escrow? I think i missed the back story though.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Can you go through the courts and put your rent in escrow? I think i missed the back story though.
Several have missed the point. All I asked was how to pull up the owner/company name of a bldg owner online. People are getting too involved in details. There is a way to find this via 'net search as I did last yr (I now can't find the info, for some reason)... anyone?

Old 08-04-2014, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Several have missed the point. All I asked was how to pull up the owner/company name of a bldg owner online. People are getting too involved in details. There is a way to find this via 'net search as I did last yr (I now can't find the info, for some reason)... anyone?
Did you google search the apt name? Look on the company website? Try court eviction or other records?

Old 08-05-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Did you google search the apt name? Look on the company website? Try court eviction or other records?
LOL. Yes, Ohky, of course. I searched for 30-min... did you not read where I said 3 times now that last year I pulled up the info with 1 simple Google search?

No website for my complex, but of course, I pulled it up on any apt search site I could find. Court records? How & where could I pull those up online? I'd have no idea if/when someone were evicted... there many be none, but in a complex of hundreds, how would I know... I'm sure I'd need a tenant's name, no? 'Other records'? Like what?

I'll call the cty board 2 others mentioned & see if they can guide me. Thanks everyone! If I find it, I'll let ya know how I found it, in the hopes it might help someone else.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:41 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,840,356 times
Sounds like the owner does not want to be found by complaining tenants. After all, that is why he pays a management company. Even if you do find him, he will likely just refer you back to management or ignore your complaints.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post

No website for my complex, but of course, I pulled it up on any apt search site I could find. Court records? How & where could I pull those up online? I'd have no idea if/when someone were evicted... there many be none, but in a complex of hundreds, how would I know... I'm sure I'd need a tenant's name, no? 'Other records'? Like what?
You dont have to know their names. Get on your local municipal court site and see if they have a search function. Then enter the name of your complex and see what comes up. If nothing, then when evicted, it goes through someone else. If a bunch of stuff comes up, then at least it was an idea.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:49 AM

Quote:
You dont have to know their names. Get on your local municipal court site and see if they have a search function. Then enter the name of your complex and see what comes up. If nothing, then when evicted, it goes through someone else. If a bunch of stuff comes up, then at least it was an idea.
I think you're misunderstanding or I'm misunderstanding you. I'm not being evicted. LOL. I'll let you re-read... unless I'm missing your point, in which case, I'm exhausted trying to explain this over & over & I apologize. Perhaps not your fault... I'm up with a headache, after another day of screeching kids & bouncing balls for hour upon hour & want to talk to someone at the rental office tomorrow about another course of action. Now the kids come out after 5pm, as soon as the office closes, so there's no one to reprimand them... of course with the summer hours, they're out 'til almost 10pm nightly. They tried to pass this off onto me & told me to speak to the kids and/or parents... I have before & did kindly ask the kids today to keep the noise down. Hahaha... a little 6-yr old girl told me, finger pointed, 'Go inside & close your door'. She then flicked her hand as if dismissing me. LOLOL I was given a 'talk to the hand' by a 3' tall terror. LOL If I didn't have a headache, it would be funny.

They keep talking to the kids' families (3 families), but to no avail. At one point, the woman at the office screamed at me that she's sick & tired of tenants complaining about the kids & 'One more complaint & they're out!' Well, that was 8-mos ago... so much for mngmt drama. My complaints to them began at week 6 here, more out of concern rather than noise... the boys (3) were crawling under cars in the parking lot & racing out in a sort of game of chicken when other cars passed & the girls (3) would whip around corners at breakneck speed on scooters... I was afraid they'd either run into someone or scrape tenants' cars.

But, in any event, I'll call the county office that was mentioned a page back & see if they can guide me on getting a company name. I want to write a letter of thorough documentation to my rental office here (not gonna explain it again... it's upstream) & cc the owner/s, who should know that their management company seems powerless to enforce their own leases & it's causing complaints & unrest. Four people have told me they're leaving when their leases are up, but some are forced to remain. There are a lot of elderly people in my complex, who have to deal with this noise problem & I see how it affects them. One poor ol' soul was crying the other day (a lovely 80-yr old woman)... I take out her trash, so get to speak to her on occasion & she's exhausted from tuning them out all day long. She's also afraid to come into the courtyard to sit in the sun, because of the girls riding scooters & the boys tossing toys in the air. Again, the lease states that there's no playing of any sort allowed on the property. Sure, I'll be gone in 8-wks, but they remain & I feel the need to try to do something on their behalf & mine, if they can quiet the ninos gritones for a time.

I'll check the municipal court site & see what I can pull up. Thx, Ohky.

Reenzz
, you might be right or perhaps they were sold to someone else? It's odd that I can't find it now. I also searched through all my paperwork/lease/biz card from the office, etc to see if there's a corporation's name... everything is only in the complex's name. But, my letter needs to go above the rental office, because they're either not handling it well (I'm sure my past letters either went into my file or were discarded) or they don't know what to do, so it's time someone else steps in to address the issue. Every time I have the slightest conversation with anyone here, the topic is, 'Hi. How are you? How close do you live to those *&$% kids?!'

Thanks, Everybody. I'll keep searching.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:36 AM

When people are evicted, its court record and you can get that info through the court- you asked for the company name- im saying see if the management OR the owner evicts people from those records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting