Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 05:45 PM

73 posts, read 246,878 times

Advertisements

Well, we all survived the meet and greet! lol The new owner seems to be a decent fellow. As to the pet issue.... turns out there was a no pet restriction that was never enforced. New owner will allow pets under 25# with prior approval. Most importantly, he is grandfathering in the bigger dogs that are already here. I also doubt he would have to, but he showed me pics of his 2 big dogs on his phone, so clearly a dog lover. However, if any dogs become an issue, then they're out.
As for the extra vehicles, he is going to insist on the limit of 2, though he added it wouldn't be written in stone. Sounded like he was aiming it at 2 families that have 6+, as well as a boat! With the security issue, he said to call the police and they'd have to come out. Perhaps, we'll see.
The issue of wanting everyone to sign a lease, yes, he does want that. But oddly, he said if anyone doesn't want to sign one, they wouldn't have to. Hmmmm
In a nutshell, he said he'd work with everyone as much as possible to have all tenants in compliance. It could have turned out much worse. Whew....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 02:48 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,036,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyI'mHome View Post
Well, we all survived the meet and greet! lol The new owner seems to be a decent fellow. As to the pet issue.... turns out there was a no pet restriction that was never enforced. New owner will allow pets under 25# with prior approval. Most importantly, he is grandfathering in the bigger dogs that are already here. I also doubt he would have to, but he showed me pics of his 2 big dogs on his phone, so clearly a dog lover. However, if any dogs become an issue, then they're out.
As for the extra vehicles, he is going to insist on the limit of 2, though he added it wouldn't be written in stone. Sounded like he was aiming it at 2 families that have 6+, as well as a boat! With the security issue, he said to call the police and they'd have to come out. Perhaps, we'll see.
The issue of wanting everyone to sign a lease, yes, he does want that. But oddly, he said if anyone doesn't want to sign one, they wouldn't have to. Hmmmm
In a nutshell, he said he'd work with everyone as much as possible to have all tenants in compliance. It could have turned out much worse. Whew....

Not to be a negative Nelly, but he sounds like a wishy-washy landlord He has rules, but isn't enforcing him? Wants leases but isn't requiring them? Wants to limit vehicles at each unit, but wont enforce that either? What is he going to enforce??

I hope its as good as you think it is...

Old 11-30-2014, 05:50 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Not to be a negative Nelly, but he sounds like a wishy-washy landlord He has rules, but isn't enforcing him? Wants leases but isn't requiring them? Wants to limit vehicles at each unit, but wont enforce that either? What is he going to enforce??

I hope its as good as you think it is...
Conversely it sounds to me as though he's compromising, not being wishy-washy. As far as leases are concerned, those tenants who want to enter into a lease will have that protection; those who don't can be given the 30 days notice (or whatever's required under state law) at any time. By "not enforcing" the number of cars allowed per unit what he's maybe inferring is that the number will depend on size of trailer/number of occupants - that the rule of thumb will be two but an individual lease may specifically address it.

Glad it went well!

Old 11-30-2014, 01:42 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,036,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Conversely it sounds to me as though he's compromising, not being wishy-washy. As far as leases are concerned, those tenants who want to enter into a lease will have that protection; those who don't can be given the 30 days notice (or whatever's required under state law) at any time. By "not enforcing" the number of cars allowed per unit what he's maybe inferring is that the number will depend on size of trailer/number of occupants - that the rule of thumb will be two but an individual lease may specifically address it.

Glad it went well!
I'm glad it well too, but my concern would be how is he going to handle an issue. Is he actually going to enforce the rules or be forced to ignore them because he has been ignoring them all along. Know what I mean?

Old 11-30-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I'm glad it well too, but my concern would be how is he going to handle an issue. Is he actually going to enforce the rules or be forced to ignore them because he has been ignoring them all along. Know what I mean?
He's a brand new owner and there's no foreseeing what or how he's going to turn out. I've had LLs who seem perfect until they're not and others who seem initially not too good but turn out to be champs. In my opinion it's an excellent beginning to have started out with a general "meet" (something that few new owners of multi-unit properties do) and it's just a case of waiting and seeing. Only The Shadow knows ...

Old 11-30-2014, 04:05 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,315,008 times
Sounds to me Current Tenants are ok But New Tenants will be required to Follow the rules. Gee didnt I say that already...

Old 11-30-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Sounds to me Current Tenants are ok But New Tenants will be required to Follow the rules. Gee didnt I say that already...
You weren't correct then and you're not now. It's really not complicated.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 896 times
I live in a mobile park in LA with new owners and a new property management. Got the New rules that seem a little over the top. Restrictions on animals of types. A 1 year lease, instead of month to month, which was expected but what was not expected was that units, apparently even grandfathered in, will need to be replaced if new owners say so. Seems that RV's are a no-no as well as home made sheds even with corrugated siding. It also appears that propane is to be nixed as well even though I do not get natural gas on my lot, at least not yet.

My unit is a 34 year old motorhome which I have lived in this mobile park for 10 years. I pay my rent on time, never late, and keep my spot neat.

I have heard that being grandfathered in as I am means little to nothing if the new owners want it different way. A meet an greet is to take place in May 2015.

I am wondering abut the new lease deal as I am worried that any rights I may have had being grandfathered would be compromised.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowpace View Post
A meet an greet is to take place in May 2015.
That's when you'll have the opportunity to bring up your concerns and ask questions. Good luck.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:46 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,894,423 times
Organize your neighbours... If no one signs a lease, what the new owner will do??? Evict the whole park?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting