Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 04:21 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulina.cali22 View Post
You really need to look into your info because a lot of what you said is wrong. I denied it for cockroaches. They don't spray for bed bugs until they know you have them.
What was wrong? Bedbugs don't usually migrate from one apartment to another, that's why I'm surprised they pay for them at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 04:36 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
I can afford it? You asked what more and I said they raised rent. They say they have to treat them. It's only my job to say somethibgm. I'm not going to repeat myself you can re-read it if you want. I answered them already

Well, from all the threads you've posted regarding the same topics one would be safe to assume that you do enjoy repeating yourself.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:49 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,915,303 times
paulina,
The most common place for people to get bedbugs is on public transportation.
It's easy for anyone to get them.
THEY DON"T MIGRATE.
They will stay in one room if there is food. They are great at hiding. Even in walls, by the light sockets.
You can stay in a hotel room and the room next door can be infested with them, and they won't even
be in your room.
That's how they are.
There is a totally different chemical they use for bedbugs. It is a speciality chemical.
YOU brought the bedbugs into your own apartment.
Just move if you want, but it's not the landlords fault, or the other tenants either.
They will come with you in your furniture, I guarantee it.
You are going to have to buy bed bugs chemicals and soak the furniture that was in your bedroom
real good. The crannies are where they will hide.
Wash all your clothes in the hottest water you can.
Heat will kill them.
Good luck.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:36 PM

46 posts, read 42,078 times
Bed bugs and your apartment - Insects in the City

This is from Texas a&m read the part of how they get into your apt. And they are most certainly environmental. They live in the environment. They do not require a host to live. If you Google further people can even get them from sitting at the movie theatre

Old 08-03-2016, 05:45 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
This is also posted in the Rental forum

Old 08-03-2016, 06:09 PM

Cool

Old 08-03-2016, 06:10 PM

Sorry I don't know how to delete things because I'm not obsessed with this website

Old 08-03-2016, 08:43 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Sorry I don't know how to delete things because I'm not obsessed with this website
55 posts in roughly 12 hours. I'd call that a little obsessed.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:49 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,838,168 times
Quote:
Help ! I know it's long but please read!!!!

So in February new people bought our apartments. A few people moved in right before they bought it and a little after. In March they said that terminix was going to come into our apt and spray. Our previous owners had the same company and the 2 times we had them spray our apt I broke out in hives and had asthma attacks. So me and husband started buying our own spray "Ortho home defense." We sprayed about once a week and never had any bug problems. So given my previous reactions I told her that we were okay not only because of my reactions but because we had no bugs and did a good job of maintaining ourselves. Maybe like 2 months ago we started seeing an increase in bugs...We started spraying more and making sure we wiped up counters and swept the floors even more. We started noticing that nothing we were doing was helping and that it even seemed like the bug problem was getting worse. I had never really seen a bed bug or known anyone that had them. So the whole time I thought they were just little cockroaches or some other bug. Then I started to notice the signs no matter how much we sprayed and kept things super clean it was getting worse. I started getting really bad hives and they were always crawling on our mattress.

So last Friday me and my husband lift up our bed and sure enough the evidence is there. We immediately throw our bed out and call our landlord/ manager whatever they're called and inform her. We had already asked her a couple days before if she could have terminex come spray the apt on my husband's day off and we would go stay at my mom's while it airs out. She said ill have to wait till next month since they only come the 4th Monday of the month and they had just came. I let it go because at that time I didn't know it was bed bugs. Well when I told her they were bed bugs she said the earliest they could come was Monday between 8 and 11. She told me someone had to be there and I told her I shouldn't have to miss work to deal with it especially because they are the ones to blame for me having bed bugs. Me and my husband started noticing that we never saw someone actually spraying the outside of the apartments and the perimeter. They have a terrible extermination plan. They pick 5 apartments every month and they have to be "prepared" or else they won't spray. They do no preventative spraying. They wait till you start seeing them unless you're one of the 5. This is a really small complex just 12 apartments on my side and less than 10 on the other so I feel like if she chooses 5 every month she should have asked me again by now. Also I don't see why they don't spray everyone's apartment every month? Cycling people around will have some apartments going months without respraying. She said originally that she couldn't be the one to be there but when we started raising the issues she said that she would be able to be here for us.

What really annoyed me was that we informed her of the problem on Friday and she said someone couldn't come out till Monday. Okay I know that's not her fault. However we asked that if they found that we did have bed bugs would they treat that day? And she said no. That really made me start to see she didn't see it seriously. So Monday came around and once we got home and noticed there was no letter from terminex or anything we texted her asking what happened and what they are going to do. Here is where she get shady!!!! She said that she'll tell me when she's discussed it with her boss. When my husband goes to give her our rent a few hours later she tells him that they said we have bed bugs. What a shocker!!! She said that no other apartments have them but I know she is lying. Me and my husband don't travel, we have no people over not even family, we haven't introduced any new furniture into our home, and we haven't stayed in a hotel in 3 years. It also started around the time new tenants came in. She also said that she knows for a fact the people around us don't have them but the people below us have termites and cockroaches. And the other apts just have cockroaches. I find this barely hard to believe considering when we threw out our mattress two otherS were already out there! Not a coincidence! I think she's further lying by saying the exterminator went to the giant garbage can area and cut open our mattress. Yet I have pictures proving that the garbage was so over filled that unless the exterminator was really that determined he would not have bothered. Also I don't even know how she would know which bed was ours considering another one was right on top of it and the other one was next to it. She said he left a paper behind explaining everything but interesting how it's not there. Today is now Wednesday and she hasn't said a word about treatment. I don't know if they are trying to point the finger at us or just trying to completely avoid treatment. But the longer they do nothing the worse it gets. Luckily I was already going to move out this month and be gone by Sept 1st. But until then I hate living here. We are sleeping on an air mattress. We are constantly looking around our room for bugs. I shouldn't have to live in fear of something sucking on my blood! It's gross! I don't even want to go to bed!

Is there anyway I can call terminex and ask them what was said about our apartment? I feel like they should tell me. I pay for it, shouldn't I know what's going on? What can I do about them doing nothing?

You said you pay for extermination. Make up your mind.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:50 PM

Oh I can see where that is misleading. I meant I pay for the apartment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting