Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 09:06 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
I'm really surprised how many landlords here only look at the score and not at the report. I only look at the report and don't particularly care about the score.

What I want to see on the report:

No landlord collections
No utility collections
No bounced checks that went to collections
No history of bouncing debt between check cashing places
More positive than negative items, and the positive need to be more recent. If all the bad is recent, that is a no.

A person can have a 550 credit score, while having no collections outside of medical debt. With the health care system as messed up as it is, I don't hold medical debt against an applicant. So I want to see why the credit is the way it is.

Medical issues often trash a person's credit without incurring medical debt. My credit went bad not because of medical debt but because extended hospitalization and illness trashed my income, resulting in defaults, chargeoffs, and judgments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 09:09 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You cant take a pic? Huh?

Nope, can't take a pic...my Totally Lame cell phone has no camera, and i have no device capable of taking a picture.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:21 AM

106,679 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Medical issues often trash a person's credit without incurring medical debt. My credit went bad not because of medical debt but because extended hospitalization and illness trashed my income, resulting in defaults, chargeoffs, and judgments.
generally medical bills in default are a sign of poor p[planning and poor decision making leading up to the event . we all know people who have had cancer ,heart and brain surgery and they were not finanicially devastated .

but i can tell you i know quite a few who have been destroyed by medical expenses and when you look at their situations it was all the poor choices in life they made in advance culminating when an event hits .

there are very few of us who do not go through the big three DIVORCEE-ILLNESS-JOB LOSS .

but how we come out of it is usually not event based but based on the life you led financially leading up to the event.

yeah ,i get it , there are some exceptions but most of these cases are usually self inflicted .

this is why employers use your credit history too when screening applicants . how you are with your money tells a lot about who you are as a person whether you want to believe it or not .

Old 11-16-2016, 06:41 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Failure to plan trashes a person's credit. How long, exactly, were you in the hospital. If it was for a long period of time, there is government assistance for that. If it wasn't, then it was just poor planning.

A layoff trashed my income, but I managed to pay my bills, and even saved enough to buy a house.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:43 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Nope, can't take a pic...my Totally Lame cell phone has no camera, and i have no device capable of taking a picture.
Didn't someone offer to send you a phone for free? That has a camera?

You truly are the financial equivalent of Munchhausen Syndrome.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:57 AM

9,865 posts, read 7,736,569 times
Quote:
If I give it away to someone who sells it for $10K, will you believe it's worth $10K?
Haven't you already spent close to $10,000 in storage fees over the last 3-4 years?

How much are these old debts?

Old 11-16-2016, 08:44 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Quote:
One month storage on your junk = one smart phone.

U FAIL.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:51 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,302,771 times
Quote:
If I give it away to someone who sells it for $10K, will you believe it's worth $10K?
See there's an idea right there. Make a deal with someone. You won't do it though. Always some excuse.
You could be sitting here right now with me in Costa Rica if you don't made a bunch of different decisions when you were younger.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:58 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,807,300 times
Quote:
I've tried to sell it but eBay's software literally will not allow a person to list something without at least one uploaded image.
Quote:
You can't take a pic?? If this item is worth so much, get a friend to take a pic, give someone $5 to take a pic and email it to you, get a disposable camera and get digital prints at Walmart, etc etc.

That's got to be the lamest BS excuse I've ever read.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:40 PM

106,679 posts, read 108,856,202 times
This is why there are those just destined to fail financially . Everything has a reason attached as to why they can't accomplish something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting