Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 07:36 AM

107,129 posts, read 109,450,648 times

Advertisements

why are you here arguing with us . go argue with the mgmt office then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2024, 08:22 AM

2,127 posts, read 1,058,877 times
Absolute nightmare tenant.
And people wonder why it's hard to find a decent place. I wouldn't rent to this dude if my life depended on it.

Old 05-14-2024, 08:34 AM

15,520 posts, read 9,196,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Absolute nightmare tenant.
And people wonder why it's hard to find a decent place. I wouldn't rent to this dude if my life depended on it.
Why am I a nightmare tenant? Because I complain here about an apartment management company not giving the required notice to enter my apartment?

Old 05-14-2024, 08:49 AM

2,127 posts, read 1,058,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Why am I a nightmare tenant? Because I complain here about an apartment management company not giving the required notice to enter my apartment?
I'd suggest rereading all of your posts but self awareness would be required.

Old 05-14-2024, 09:00 AM

32,725 posts, read 48,333,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I'm pretty sure when you get repairs done at your house the repair guy doesn't post a notice on your door the night before saying "I'll be in your home sometime tomorrow between 8AM and 6PM to do those requested repairs. Make sure you are awake, fully dressed and all kids are out of the house during those hours. ............
And you would be wrong about that. Appliance deliveries, they give me a day's notice (often not 24 hours) that they will be there the next day and the morning of the delivery, they will give me a four hour window and then they sometimes do not appear during that four hour window.

Electricians and plumbers do the same. I call them and get an appointment for a day, but not a time when they will be there. They show up whenever they get finished with the job that precedes mine. Sometimes they don't show up at all.

If you are getting notices that you should be up and dressed, then there are people in your building who are not up and are greeting the repairman at the door naked, because normally, nobody should have to tell you that.

Repairmen will not go into a dwelling with an unattended minor child because of the frequency of false allegations and lawsuits. The generalized tenant population has brought that down upon themselves. It is not just your building where workmen will not go into a house with children unless the parent is there, and again, children could be there with a parent unless the parent allows the child to annoy the workman, which is what happens if the parent doesn't keep the child under control. If the problem was not happening, there would be no notice requiring children to be out of the building. It's a self-inflicted wound, so no sympathy. I don't feel bad for you because you have to get your out-of-control kids out of the building. Take them to the park for a couple pf hours.

You are unhappy there. Your Section 8 voucher is portable, so take it and move elsewhere. You are not locked into that apartment like you are serving a prison sentence. You can always move.

Old 05-14-2024, 09:03 AM

107,129 posts, read 109,450,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
And you would be wrong about that. Appliance deliveries, they give me a day's notice (often not 24 hours) that they will be there the next day and the morning of the delivery, they will give me a four hour window and then they sometimes do not appear during that four hour window.

Electricians and plumbers do the same. I call them and get an appointment for a day, but not a time when they will be there. They show up whenever they get finished with the job that precedes mine. Sometimes they don't show up at all.

If you are getting notices that you should be up and dressed, then there are people in your building who are not up and are greeting the repairman at the door naked, because normally, nobody should have to tell you that.

Repairmen will not go into a dwelling with an unattended minor child because of the frequency of false allegations and lawsuits. The generalized tenant population has brought that down upon themselves. It is not just your building where workmen will not go into a house with children unless the parent is there, and again, children could be there with a parent unless the parent allows the child to annoy the workman, which is what happens if the parent doesn't keep the child under control. If the problem was not happening, there would be no notice requiring children to be out of the building. It's a self-inflicted wound, so no sympathy. I don't feel bad for you because you have to get your out-of-control kids out of the building. Take them to the park for a couple pf hours.

You are unhappy there. Your Section 8 voucher is portable, so take it and move elsewhere. You are not locked into that apartment like you are serving a prison sentence. You can always move.
i didn’t see the part about section 8 from the op but i guess i missed it

Old 05-14-2024, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

Thanks, good information. I don't have a Section 8 voucher. This is USDA Rural Development housing. I don't have any intentions of moving anyway. The same management company manages most all of the rentals around here. So even if I got a Section 8 voucher, There is a 95% - 99% chance I would still be dealing with the same company.

Old 05-14-2024, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i didn’t see the part about section 8 from the op but i guess i missed it
It's not Section 8. It's a USDA Rural Development housing project. There is a long wait list here for Section 8 vouchers, and even if I got one, I'm not sure there is much of a supply of rentals that would accept the voucher. And anyway the same company manages almost all of the rentals around here.

Old 05-14-2024, 09:59 AM

10,389 posts, read 8,627,866 times
99.9 percent of the renters out there would be delighted that management would be proactive to upgrade the apartments. Op is one of the few outliers.
After seeing how often they’ve responded I’m getting the feeling they might be a pia tenant.
Just move already.

Old 05-14-2024, 10:13 AM

26,063 posts, read 22,263,896 times
A lot of people are really grateful to get subsidized housing, and most types of subsidized housing have waiting lists. Also, I was confused about children being present, but if there isn't an adult home with them, I can understand that.

Most of the places where we have lived when we owned a house did not give a 2 hour window for installing, delivering or repairing anything. That would be classed a "luxury". Having anything done always meant taking a day off work.

When I did rent, never subsidized, I would never have needed a couple days or couple weeks to do "necessary" housekeeping, even with job, kids and pets. I am guessing that if such thing is an issue with the renters that it would be necessary to check in on them more frequently.

This should be discussed with management. Although I am not familiar with the OP, I am guessing she/he and management have had enough issues, that she/he doesn't feel comfortable discussing it with management.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting