Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 05:05 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,524,202 times

Advertisements

You could always call HUD, it is their program...they should be able to tell you who the local representatives are.

Section 8 Rental Voucher Program - HUD

Alternatively, you could try googling "[your city name] section 8" or "[your county name] section 8"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 05:06 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,953,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocklandorLongIsland View Post
Thanks, but how do I begin to find out which local Housing Authority issued their vouchers. They probably transferred it from out of state since I hear they can do that. I guess there is no 'general' section 8 number to call to report possible suspicious activity.

oh lordy... ya call the EAC for your county and tell them your tale of woe ..You likely have no idea of how the program works so let me enlighten you as to why LandLords love it so much ...

this has everything you might ask about

2000 CFR Title 21, Volume 5

and this is to the point off the list I gave you enjoy

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...2000&TYPE=TEXT

You really **** me off with your push to get these folks out .. bet they are folks of color and dont fit with the whiteness of the area ..

Old 08-11-2009, 06:24 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,485,505 times
You know, that's a HUGE assumption on your part, and shows more prejudice (racism) than anything the OP has said thusfar. You're assuming that because a large group of people has moved into a home in a neighborhood and is causing problems with the behavior described, that they MUST be minorities, as, of course, only minorities would behave that way.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:47 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,608,000 times
OP

If your neighbors are so out of control and noisy, why haven't you called
the Police to settle them down.

How do you know that they are not wearing shirts at night time?

I think you need to put the binoculars away and allow your children to
live there life as well as yourself.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:56 AM

48 posts, read 92,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
OP

If your neighbors are so out of control and noisy, why haven't you called
the Police to settle them down.

How do you know that they are not wearing shirts at night time?

I think you need to put the binoculars away and allow your children to
live there life as well as yourself.

The neighbors HAVE called police when the noise level was too much at a very late hour. Two weeks ago there was a big fight in front of our window and we called the police. This was unheard of before they moved in. How do I know they are not wearing shirts at night time you ask? I live across the street.

Would you feel comfortable allowing your children to play in the front of the house knowing you have neighbors in the habit of speaking in a vulgar manner and causing fights. Even if you would, I wouldn't.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:54 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,701,307 times
Quote:
The neighbors HAVE called police when the noise level was too much at a very late hour. Two weeks ago there was a big fight in front of our window and we called the police. This was unheard of before they moved in. How do I know they are not wearing shirts at night time you ask? I live across the street.

Would you feel comfortable allowing your children to play in the front of the house knowing you have neighbors in the habit of speaking in a vulgar manner and causing fights. Even if you would, I wouldn't.
Hello,
IMO
1. You have no control over this
2. It is the Landlord's responsibility to ensure that the tenant is complying with the rental contract.
3. You may be causing yourself more grief the more aggressive you get with the occupants, I would work more with the owner/landlord. Good Luck.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 AM

48 posts, read 92,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Hello,
IMO
1. You have no control over this
2. It is the Landlord's responsibility to ensure that the tenant is complying with the rental contract.
3. You may be causing yourself more grief the more aggressive you get with the occupants, I would work more with the owner/landlord. Good Luck.
Hi, I completely agree with you. My husband tells me we're lucky we're renters and that I should focus on our 6 month plan to leave and not on these people that will be a memory soon. I don't even know the landlord so I wouldn't know where to begin. I do know there are lots of homeowners on that block that have been there for years and are very unhappy with the situation. Thanks for your input.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:50 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,701,307 times
Quote:
Hi, I completely agree with you. My husband tells me we're lucky we're renters and that I should focus on our 6 month plan to leave and not on these people that will be a memory soon. I don't even know the landlord so I wouldn't know where to begin. I do know there are lots of homeowners on that block that have been there for years and are very unhappy with the situation. Thanks for your input.
You have a wise Husband!
Be happy you are not a homeowner there, most likely is an absentee owner.
I have had many section 8 tenants in the past and 99.99% are responsible and grateful for the assistance and will do nothing to jeopardize their situation. I have found them to be some of the best with a little guidance. In a single/double home without resident managers on site the problems can escalate quickly to the point that you could suffer repercussions. I know it does not seem fair but just ignore it as much as possible and then call the PD if you feel that you are in danger. Bad people do not want them around because they tend to run checks on vehicles in the driveway and id checks.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:08 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,608,000 times
Quote:

Let you kids play in the back.

If you know the homeowner or can locate him this is your best bet. He can put them out in a heartbeat, section 8 or not.

After a few violation letters, if they continue he can evict them. Period.
If he doesn't, he's completely ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting