Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Retired Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 04:40 AM

7 posts, read 15,996 times

Advertisements

zipcode was 34987 psl fl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 07:20 AM

anyone

Old 04-05-2010, 06:02 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,405,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexmex43 View Post
zipcode was 34987 psl fl.
Quote:
anyone
WTF?

Old 04-06-2010, 08:37 PM

my question didnt post. i was looking at 95 eagle talon. it has 113,000 miles. the timingbelt water pump, and head gasket been done. body is ok. it has a creaking noise in the right front wheels well just sound like a spring, cant tell. the car rides and sound pretty solid. the turbo is working you can hear it through the exhaust.he wanted 2,000 i got him down to 1,700. what do you think

Old 04-06-2010, 09:12 PM

^^ Big question is, what kind of transmission? If the car is fundamentally solid and it's a manual, that's a pretty good deal. If it's an automatic, it's a slightly-better-than-average deal. I'd try to make the sale contingent upon a satisfactory result of a professional inspection -- this is definitely a car you'll want looked over because it's a high-percentage car for hard-driving (and outright abuse) by previous owner(s).

Old 04-07-2010, 03:53 PM

i got it looked at by a mechanic, he said the car shifted fine, it dindnt vibrate. it went into gear as soon as you put it in drive , or reverse. no hesitation the car hasnt been modified. factory muffler. the owner said he bought of a lady,and it basically sat in a garage for 2 years. the turbo kicks in, no hesitation. the mechanic says the turbo is out by now.he said all and all it was a solid car.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:55 PM

"Put it in drive..." So I take it this is an automatic. In that case, I'd say $1700 is a pretty fair price for both parties.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:32 PM

11,157 posts, read 29,391,122 times
Quote:
i got it looked at by a mechanic, he said the car shifted fine, it dindnt vibrate. it went into gear as soon as you put it in drive , or reverse. no hesitation the car hasnt been modified. factory muffler. the owner said he bought of a lady,and it basically sat in a garage for 2 years. the turbo kicks in, no hesitation. the mechanic says the turbo is out by now.he said all and all it was a solid car.
well if it checks out and you like it then go for it for me though I would look for a 5-speed manual it makes it way more fun to drive over a auto esp. in a turbo sporty type car cause you can keep it in the power range and full boost longer but because of it the stick version tend's to be abused more and are popular with the tuning crowd.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:29 AM

16 posts, read 98,198 times
the turbo talon awd is not for you if you have no intention of racing it. If you want a cheap reliable car look elsewhere.

If you want to drive fast this car is going to get expensive very quickly. Most people who buy these types of cars understand that before they get into it, and completely modify the engine and drivetrain.

Edit - You see, theres already a hole in your pocket before you've even bought the car. A new turbo isn't cheap

Old 04-12-2010, 09:38 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,957,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chvy View Post
the turbo talon awd is not for you if you have no intention of racing it. If you want a cheap reliable car look elsewhere.

If you want to drive fast this car is going to get expensive very quickly. Most people who buy these types of cars understand that before they get into it, and completely modify the engine and drivetrain.

Edit - You see, theres already a hole in your pocket before you've even bought the car. A new turbo isn't cheap
Yes I agree and this message is for anyone that is thinking about buying that generation eclipse/talon - Seriously, those generation Eclipse/Talons are not THAT fast using modern standards. My wifes 2010 6 cylinder RAV4 is faster, the 3rd generation and onward (2001 >) Eclipses with the 6 cylinder engine are faster. Technology has caught up with the turbocharged engines of those times. They were fun for those times, but now they are obsolete.
The same thought by the way applies to the late 60's muscle cars, in stock form they are no longer considered fast. But at least you are driving a cool muscle car, and not an econobox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Retired Brands