Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 07:49 PM

102 posts, read 166,944 times

Advertisements

G'day All,

Yep, I suspect my next move will see me hooked up with someone watching me sleep. Now that hasn't happened since I was a new-born, or by some young lady who was newly in love with me way back!

I have a survey from my GP about the restless legs thing but my scores are pretty low on this one (sounds like when I used to do maths or chemstry back when). But it is probably part and parcel of the whole thing.

OhZone, someone down here also suggested adding magnesium to the mix so I shall also look at that.

Thanks again from 'the land of wonder, the land down under'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 435 times
Why would the notary of a last will refuse to sign affidavit of correction due to date discrepancy?

Old 12-12-2015, 05:28 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Why would you sign up to say something stupid about a 5 yr. old thread??

Old 12-12-2015, 07:04 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,423,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudee View Post
G'day Arleigh & Riverbird,

A mummy bag; now that is an interesting suggestion. However, I suspect I would suffer a bad case of claustrophobia if I were to encase myself in one of those.

I do take a number of meds but most I have been on for years without any sleep disorders. And there is no chance of me carrying out a midnight 'fridge raid as my lovely wife would not approve.

Thanks to both of you for responding.

Spudee, do we have the same meaning of "mummy bag"?

In US, a mummy bag (and a camping pad, the 1" thick, air filled, rectangular "mattresses" that go under the mummy bag/sleeping bag) is part of a backpacker's kit. That style of sleeping bag is prized for being lighter weight, and easier to warm up in than a traditional rectangular sleeping bag. Mummy bags are in fact more form-fitting than rectangular sleeping bags - hence their names. Because there is less airspace to warm up inside them, they also have the benefit of conserving body heat more efficiently. At least I THINK that's the mechanics.

Sometimes the Oz and US dialects differ a little bit.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:06 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane_sm1th73 View Post
Spudee, do we have the same meaning of "mummy bag"?
Jane, the thread is over 5 years old and Spudee hasn't posted in 2.5 years so best let this one rest.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:20 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,423,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Jane, the thread is over 5 years old and Spudee hasn't posted in 2.5 years so best let this one rest.

LOL! Joke's on me - I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE that it was five years old!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement