Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,966,637 times

Advertisements

Can't we separate out the photos from the exercise stuff, as this thread is getting awfully bloated and all over the place. There is probably a photography forum somewhere on CD where the plethora of photos would be more appropriate. I get the "let's appreciate life" aspect but.....

I know, I don't have to open the thread. But the retirement threads are definitely losing their focus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 09:02 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,469,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Can't we separate out the photos from the exercise stuff, as this thread is getting awfully bloated and all over the place. There is probably a photography forum somewhere on CD where the plethora of photos would be more appropriate. I get the "let's appreciate life" aspect but.....

I know, I don't have to open the thread. But the retirement threads are definitely losing their focus.
Hush! My covert, dastardly plan is taking shape nicely transforming this forum to Facebook for Geezers.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:32 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,079,075 times
Quote:

Sorry, but no you many not change the format of this thread. Start your own thread if you want something else. I created this thread to serve several specific functions, including daily exercise journal and daily photos. I also created it to be a monthly thread and would like it to stay that way. I do not appreciate other people trying to turn the thread I created into something else. Period.

ps. This particular thread was for June--if you want to be part of the current discussion please join the rest of us in the July Everyday Life thread. //www.city-data.com/forum/retir...ly-2013-a.html

Last edited by Caladium; 07-04-2013 at 05:03 AM..

Old 07-04-2013, 04:40 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,079,075 times

Last edited by Caladium; 07-04-2013 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: duplicate post

Old 07-04-2013, 07:07 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,347,106 times
Quote:

Hit the nail on the head. thanks.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Sorry, but no you many not change the format of this thread. Start your own thread if you want something else. I created this thread to serve several specific functions, including daily exercise journal and daily photos. I also created it to be a monthly thread and would like it to stay that way. I do not appreciate other people trying to turn the thread I created into something else. Period.

ps. This particular thread was for June--if you want to be part of the current discussion please join the rest of us in the July Everyday Life thread. //www.city-data.com/forum/retir...ly-2013-a.html

Caladium, you are sounding more and more like a street corner bully about these threads.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Caladium, you are sounding more and more like a street corner bully about these threads.
Hear! Hear! I didn't realize there was a non-mod boss amongst us. That's a precept this old soldier and cop will fight to the nines.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 07-04-2013 at 03:41 PM..

Old 07-04-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Hear! Hear! I didn't realize there was a non-mod boss amongst us. That's a precept this old soldier and cop; will fight to the nines.

Got ya' covered!

Old 07-04-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Got ya' covered!
Brava!

Old 07-04-2013, 03:48 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,923,463 times
Quote:

I agree with this assessment - this thread is a vanity piece - definitely blog material - not "retirement."

What if we all started such threads?

Think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement