Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 07:59 AM

10,419 posts, read 14,657,834 times

Advertisements

This is the first good thing that I've ever heard about AARP. I consider them to be handmaidens of professional leftists They'll need to really change to favorably impress me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 08:52 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,963,722 times
If you dig deep enough, you'll probably find that AARP is also contributing to the Center for Media and Democracy (Liberal Mouthpiece). And also to Citizens United (Conservo). The Interested Student could probably uncover some old AARP ties to Pravda.

I joined AARP for their Travel Discounts and their low-priced Auto Insurance. Their annual savings more than cover their $16 membership. I will rely on other sources for my views on politics.

Last edited by FiveLoaves; 07-30-2016 at 09:46 AM..

Old 07-30-2016, 02:20 PM

31,692 posts, read 41,143,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post
If you dig deep enough, you'll probably find that AARP is also contributing to the Center for Media and Democracy (Liberal Mouthpiece). And also to Citizens United (Conservo). The Interested Student could probably uncover some old AARP ties to Pravda.

I joined AARP for their Travel Discounts and their low-priced Auto Insurance. Their annual savings more than cover their $16 membership. I will rely on other sources for my views on politics.
Bada Bing!

Old 07-30-2016, 02:25 PM

110 posts, read 155,102 times
I thought aarp was just in the business of selling my email address to every company selling crap to seniors that they possibly can...

Old 07-30-2016, 02:28 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,598,044 times
The right wingers slam AARP for their liberal agenda. Now the lefties are mad cuz AARP supports a conservative outfit. No better way to double the number of people mad at you than having a balanced POV.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:51 PM

17,415 posts, read 11,407,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
So you are a Liberal disgusted that AARP is providing funding to ALEC that is a major Conservative think tank that proposes and supports conservative legislation? Just seeking clarification.
No, I'm actually quite conservative and pride myself as being such. What I don't like is an organization that isn't upfront about who they are regardless of what side of the political spectrum they are in. Also AARP has for years supported liberal positions on such things as Obamacare and others.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:00 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,538,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Bada Bing!
Badda Boom! After my He!!ish experience with Humana Insurance, I switched to United Health Care's Medigap plan for which one must be an AARP member.

I don't have to agree with all of their politics to take advantage of their offers. I do find it amusing though that I always read the Liberals byatching about how AARP supports Conservative issues and the Conservatives swearing they only support liberal issues.

Reminds me of the story of the "Blind Men And The Elephant." Only in this case it's the "Blind Men And The Elephant And The Donkey."

Old 07-30-2016, 05:41 PM

5,343 posts, read 6,060,947 times
I thought opting for personal retirement accounts in lieu of Social Security contributions was dead. I guess not ?

Old 07-30-2016, 06:11 PM
mlb mlb started this thread

4,971 posts, read 4,470,061 times
https://friendsofjustice.wordpress.c...lative-agenda/

ALEC is/was responsible for the "right to work" laws across the country - and in my homestate of Wisconsin.

Just a smidgen of the legislation they have pushed to undermine consumer, worker and patient rights.

They are not "liberal" in any way, shape or form.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:15 PM

8,313 posts, read 8,730,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
https://friendsofjustice.wordpress.c...lative-agenda/

ALEC is/was responsible for the "right to work" laws across the country - and in my homestate of Wisconsin.

Just a smidgen of the legislation they have pushed to undermine consumer, worker and patient rights.

They are not "liberal" in any way, shape or form.
I think right to work laws improve consumer and patient rights. Get rid of the ones not doing their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement