Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2019, 03:00 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
There is no superior being telling you to get or not get the vaccine.

It is your responsibility to weigh the pros and cons and decide based on the facts.
Maybe you don't have Angel's that look put for you but I sure do. My dad, my brother, an elderly neighbor that was like a grandfather to me to name a few.

Everyone knows how stressed I've been deciding if I should get the vaccine or not. I finally decided that I'll go for it if the pharmacy where I fill my pain meds had it. I use 4 pharmacies due to what pharmacy has a generic that I can take because of my various medication allergies. I'm on 2 meds where they have to be a certain generic or I'll have a reaction.

Anyway, the pharmacist wasn't there when he normally always is. The fact that Walmarts computers were down was enough to tell me that I should keep thinking before I do it. I'm going to have to get a list of ingredients to see if theres something in it that I know I have an allergy to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 11:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Also worth noting you don't have to wait at all at some doctors offices, but places like Walgreens all have a 6 month wait.
When I inquired at my Walgreen's, a fairly small suburban store, a few days ago they said they had Shingrix in stock.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:07 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,705,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Maybe you don't have Angel's that look put for you but I sure do. My dad, my brother, an elderly neighbor that was like a grandfather to me to name a few.

Everyone knows how stressed I've been deciding if I should get the vaccine or not. I finally decided that I'll go for it if the pharmacy where I fill my pain meds had it. I use 4 pharmacies due to what pharmacy has a generic that I can take because of my various medication allergies. I'm on 2 meds where they have to be a certain generic or I'll have a reaction.

Anyway, the pharmacist wasn't there when he normally always is. The fact that Walmarts computers were down was enough to tell me that I should keep thinking before I do it. I'm going to have to get a list of ingredients to see if theres something in it that I know I have an allergy to.
You read way too much into random occurrences. Thinking about whether to get the shot or not is good; interpreting impersonal events as personal messages isn’t thinking.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:37 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Yes, I think this is getting into religious type views. You try to do something, anything, and obstacles keep getting in your way? Sign that the "gods" are telling you maybe you should not do it? It applies to anything, not just vaccinations.

I get what you are saying as a more spiritual than religious person.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
NO, because vaccines are not permitted to be discussed in H&W
Do you (or anyone else) know where we can discuss vaccines? It seems to me they are a part of health and wellness. The last vaccine thread I started in P&OC got moved to Health and Wellness, then closed after 19 posts because it was deemed to be "informational only". However, that was not my intent when I started it (on P&OC).

Old 08-27-2019, 03:40 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
I know they are taboo to discuss and I don't want to discuss them anyway. I don't get them so I have no reason. There are other forums who let people discuss them.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:40 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
I believe they can be discussed in the Politics forum. Some have gone on with hundreds of posts before they are closed down.

Maybe Education forum to discuss exemptions? I have have recently learned of a major loophole, and lawsuit, but don't quite know where to put it. Might be interesting for parents, and grandparents, to know. Also for you, Katarina.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:06 PM

5 posts, read 3,581 times
I had the previous version of the shingles vaccine, and recently had the first of the two-shot Shingrix vaccine series. No reaction at all to the two I have taken, but now I am a bit (but not so much) worried about the second Shingrix vaccine given the OP's experience.

Old 08-30-2019, 04:53 AM

240 posts, read 267,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay K View Post
I had the previous version of the shingles vaccine, and recently had the first of the two-shot Shingrix vaccine series. No reaction at all to the two I have taken, but now I am a bit (but not so much) worried about the second Shingrix vaccine given the OP's experience.
I was worried also. I had no reaction to the First Shingrix vaccine except for a slight soreness in my arm. I just had the second shot a week ago. My upper arm hurt a little more this time for a few days. Other than that, no other side effects.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:18 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,640,301 times
The first shot of the duo, I just had a slightly sore arm at the injection site. My wife’s arm appeared more sore than mine. Lasted about a day and that was it. The second shot, similar arm pain shortly afterwards but both of us felt a little off the next day and both of us had significant back aches, same feeling as when you’re getting the flu. The day after, all was back to normal and has been fine since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement