Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 12:37 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times

Advertisements

I aged out of being able to quickly metabolize the stuff years ago. It just turns me into a houseplant. That's not what I'm looking for in life. Alcohol is the same way. I rarely have more than a drink or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 01:54 PM

501 posts, read 360,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
If you'd told me in 1970 that gay marriage would be legal nationwide before marijuana, I'd have called you crazy, but here we are. I blame Nixon and the Reagans for playing political points games with people's lives.

I've known plenty of people who've imbibed regularly for decades and managed to go to work everyday, pay their bills, raise their children, and otherwise be productive members of society.

I, and several friends of mine, fall into this category.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:02 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times
I smoked pot back in the day. It was fun. Things could seem incredibly funny. But beyond that (and speaking only for myself), the effect was mainly to put me to sleep. I swear I could barely keep my eyes open and not slide sideways on a sofa. It made everyone move s-l-o-w-l-y. We were all so chill, when we were stoned. And happy.

I sure wish it were legal where I am. It'd be great for sleep problems or relaxation or maybe joint pain.

Don't forget that smoking is harmful to lungs. I wouldn't smoke, now. I'd make lower calorie brownies or something. And no driving, just like with any other drug.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:27 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,590,182 times
I've stayed away from all illegal drugs, including marijuana, all my life and I have no intention of starting up now. Nothing good ever comes from using illegal drugs or associating with people who do.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:32 PM

123 posts, read 101,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Nothing good ever comes from using illegal drugs .

Old 08-20-2019, 05:01 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJollaEast View Post
Give some edibles a try. My husband loves the cookies and gets a great night's sleep when he has one. It is much better for you than taking a sleeping pill. My dad is getting relief from leg and back problems with a CBD/THC cream. Start with a small dose and see how you react. I like to have a glass of wine and a gummy on a Friday night when we are staying in!
Exactly.

I'm recovering from a surgery right now. A 10 mg 1:1 CBD/THC hybrid gummy takes care of the pain so much better than the damn opioids I was prescribed by the surgeon. And I can still function. I'm turning the opioids in at the police station once I'm ready to head back out. My doctor is aware of this and sees no problem with it.

It seems everyone with a negative perception of pot either only ever tried smoking an Indica heavy strain, or not at all and going off propaganda.

Sativa strains don't make you a couch potato. Quite the opposite.

Just remember Indica=in da couch

Indica:
increased mental relaxation
muscle relaxation
decreases nausea
decreases acute pain
increases appetite
increases dopamine (a neurotransmitter that helps control the brain’s reward and pleasure centers)
for night time use

Sativa:
anti-anxiety
anti-depressant
treats chronic pain
increases focus and creativity
increases serotonin (a neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of learning, mood, sleep, anxiety and appetite)
for day time use

You can get it in edibles, drinks, lip balm, tea, lube, just about anything you can imagine now.

Last edited by notnamed; 08-20-2019 at 05:17 PM..

Old 08-20-2019, 05:09 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I aged out of being able to quickly metabolize the stuff years ago. It just turns me into a houseplant. That's not what I'm looking for in life. Alcohol is the same way. I rarely have more than a drink or two.
Yeah, what's up with that? DH used to enjoy a good scotch or tequila, and now he can't stand the stuff. He also can't take a sleeping pill without staying groggy all the next day.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-20-2019, 05:17 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,270,060 times
I tried it in college. Good for listening to heavy metal through headphones, but right now I don't need something that makes me sleepy and makes me want to eat mass quantities of junk food.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:19 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
I tried it in college. Good for listening to heavy metal through headphones, but right now I don't need something that makes me sleepy and makes me want to eat mass quantities of junk food.
See my post above. Apparently you just tried Indica.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:35 PM

305 posts, read 241,499 times
I am still experiencing marijuana it has been an ongoing experiment, I started it in the 70's around 75 or maybe it was the summer of 74, yeah that was it. I went to a grateful dead show and then I knew everything. It was amazing, I am still collecting data, I should have something solid soon, maybe one or two more trips out to Colorado just to make sure, I want to double check some erroneous data on concentrates. I want to make sure my report is solid. So soon very soon..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement