Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 09:09 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,983,951 times

Advertisements

DW bought SARDEL cookware but fortunately she only bought by the piece. They are imported from Italy but at the time they had a supply chain problem. It took 3 months between ordering and delivery.

I watch how she baby her cookware. A puppy could not get a more tender & gentle care than her Sardel.

But heck, Happy wife = Happy life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 10:03 PM

7,673 posts, read 3,301,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
DW bought SARDEL cookware but fortunately she only bought by the piece. They are imported from Italy but at the time they had a supply chain problem. It took 3 months between ordering and delivery.

I watch how she baby her cookware. A puppy could not get a more tender & gentle care than her Sardel.

But heck, Happy wife = Happy life.

If only she loved you that much -- LOL!

Old 12-22-2021, 11:00 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,983,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
If only she loved you that much -- LOL!
It takes a big man not to get jealous of DW's cookware

Old 12-23-2021, 08:35 AM

48,563 posts, read 34,935,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I have one of those cheap nonstick pans for my omelets.
Even when I'm careful and only use it for omelets it still gets nicked so I replace every year.
I just can't make a good omelet with my stainless steel pans.
I have decent stainless cookware that I love, but keep a few TFals around for omelets and such.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-23-2021, 11:09 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,415,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Our money is combined. Either one of us can spend whatever we want to out of our retirement income. We don't need to use our savings. For anything that costs a few thousand dollars or more we run it by each other but don't veto it if the other person really wants it.
same.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:21 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,210,349 times
You can't take it (the bank account) with you.

Dull knives are very dangerous implements.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:25 PM

3,158 posts, read 2,738,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Sorry , no experience with the electronic stuff ….I am old school ….we have a fabulous sound man who handles all my microphones…that is a separate profession unto itself.

Everything from placement to microphone type matters and I find that is best left to the sound guys .

About as electronic as I get is I have a mixing console just for myself with all my mics from the kit coming in , as well as I can add a mix of the band and a click track in my headset ….

We do a lot of big venues and hearing the sound bounce off the back walls and echo back can confuse what I hear and I have to be certain I am following the band and not the echo so I use a head set to get things just right for me ….whether shows or studio I tend to always use my headset and get my blend through the console I have.

The click track is nice to have .. as the drummer the tempo is what I say it is ha ha.

The set I use is a custom made sonor set which I bought from a well known group …the drummer had way to many sets and wanted to cut things down so I made him an offer and he accepted it ….the black finish is all hand painted and not the wrapped veneer you see on typical kits ..

It has little sparkles in the lacquer that shimmer when stage lights hit it .

These are my babies , this is the basic set without my array of lots of cymbals around it .
Ride on the right and crash on the left? Isn't there a law? Who do you think you are, Simon Phillips?

Old 12-23-2021, 03:40 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,406,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lathemanjack View Post
My wife and I pool our funds.
We spend what we want up to $100, then discuss if we really want or need a pricier item
worked for 35 plus years

My wallet is like an onion, it makes me cry every time I open it
No increases over the years with inflation? Or 35 years ago the limit was $20?

Old 12-23-2021, 03:45 PM

118 posts, read 78,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
You probably dodged a bullet on the Maserati. They are notorious for leaving their owners stranded.

The BMW should be reasonably reliable as long as you don't keep it much past the warranty's end.

Heh..heh...a reliability comparison that BMW can reasonably win. Still at 70 if I want a Maserati and have the means then that's what I'm getting.

Old 12-24-2021, 05:03 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,526,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I kinda wonder how that works out for those who have ZERO financial contribution to the accts for the last 50 yrs...
The real problematic issue is that one spouse hasn't made any financial contribution in 50 years. Alas, this isn't the forum to discuss women abdicating their power and control via money.

Last edited by charlygal; 12-24-2021 at 05:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement