Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 06:34 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times

Advertisements

This is what I wrote for 2021, a little less than a year ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Okay, 3 realized this morning then one more in the making.

First, always sleep in a cotton sleep shirt. I just get better sleep, dream quality when I do.

Secondly, play music during the breakfast making of morning. Often, I don't and long story short, I think it just leads to more of a settled feeling.

Third, absolute minimal Internet usage before taking off for work. Send my signals to my minders to let them know I made it through the night, maybe get critical pre launch data if I need to, and that's it.

Then one more.....find ways not to spend so much time on the Net. ....
Well, not always the sleep shirt but often enough.....but should do it more. Still trying to do the music during breakfast. Done pretty good, though, with the pre launch minimal internet usage. Now, about spending so much time on the Net.....still working on that one.

As to this year?

Well, not to let so many things slide. I am digging out the space between my camphor chest and my bed, so many things that got pushed into that abyss with clean laundry, then, that got pushed off the bed to sleep. I need to clean out that space, if for any other general reason, to have a building space for the 4th curio cabinet.

One thing is that I think I've already started on my resolutions as I write my Christmas cards to include a letter, well a note on the flap of a card, in one and a cheque in another, both long overdue for what I said I would do......but now just doing it. Not to let things slip, work on my surroundings, to be the kind of person I am in my fantasies.

Be more in my world, the physical one and not the Net one, here on the ranch.

Another is to open up my mail orders when they come in! I have so many packages around that are ordered as I think I need them, arrive Bugs Bunny Acme speed style, but I am not ready to process them yet so they sit....and get buried.

Next, get a better handle on my recycling which means all the steps to getting it loaded into the F250 and then putting it on a regular schedule run. Big project....at least for right now.

Finally (though there are no doubt many many more), open up the cat walks!

What are yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 07:54 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
For many years I've made the same resolution, and so far I've been able to keep it.

For 2022 I highly resolve to make no new years resolutions.

Now let's see if I can keep the streak going.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:27 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,519,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
For many years I've made the same resolution, and so far I've been able to keep it.

For 2022 I highly resolve to make no new years resolutions.

Now let's see if I can keep the streak going.
Beat me to it!

Old 12-30-2021, 08:46 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
I'd like the link to the cotton sleepshirt, Tamara. Been looking for one that 100% cotton for awhile

Old 12-30-2021, 08:59 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'd like the link to the cotton sleepshirt, Tamara. Been looking for one that 100% cotton for awhile
Well, I get them when I can, usually use the Hanes catelog (or whatever it is these days) but they aren't always sleepshirts but Tee dresses. Maybe beach coverups. Sometimes I get them out of Fredrick's of Hollywood or VS. Finally, one of my few boytoys really hit the mark when he said he preferred me in them as oppose to something else "a bit more comfortable".

Old 12-31-2021, 08:43 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
This is what I wrote for 2021, a little less than a year ago:

Well, not always the sleep shirt but often enough.....but should do it more. Still trying to do the music during breakfast. Done pretty good, though, with the pre launch minimal internet usage. Now, about spending so much time on the Net.....still working on that one.

As to this year?

Well, not to let so many things slide. I am digging out the space between my camphor chest and my bed, so many things that got pushed into that abyss with clean laundry, then, that got pushed off the bed to sleep. I need to clean out that space, if for any other general reason, to have a building space for the 4th curio cabinet.

One thing is that I think I've already started on my resolutions as I write my Christmas cards to include a letter, well a note on the flap of a card, in one and a cheque in another, both long overdue for what I said I would do......but now just doing it. Not to let things slip, work on my surroundings, to be the kind of person I am in my fantasies.

Be more in my world, the physical one and not the Net one, here on the ranch.

Another is to open up my mail orders when they come in! I have so many packages around that are ordered as I think I need them, arrive Bugs Bunny Acme speed style, but I am not ready to process them yet so they sit....and get buried.

Next, get a better handle on my recycling which means all the steps to getting it loaded into the F250 and then putting it on a regular schedule run. Big project....at least for right now.

Finally (though there are no doubt many many more), open up the cat walks!

What are yours?

Re cotton Ts, you can buy them in bulk in Manhattan around W 29th-low 30s Streets, that is the area of wholesale merchandisers for all kinds of things. I bought two dozen about 20 years ago for $0.50 each (or was it even just $0.25 each?), and still have not worn them out entirely (I also sleep in them, and I used to work in a coldish environment in thin professional attire, so had to have a Tshirt underneath, often actually two).

Regarding resolutions for 2022, mine is the same that I think I might have posted last year: to spend less time in this forum :-). I get addicted to this place in spurts, usually when I am pursuing some learning, and need some totally mindless activity between initial learning and going over the notes the second or third time. The interval of mindless activity in between consolidates memory (true & tried technique of people who must memorize massive amounts of info). So my mindless activity is to post here. But life is short, a person should not be spending an hour or more daily posting in online forums. Before the Internet, my mindless activity for the interval of memory consolidation used to be dancing to the music, which I still do, but now music engages me emotionally too much, and the activity must be mindless. So I don't know, exercise maybe?

At any rate, hope everyone here has a great 2022 & remains covidless!

Old 12-31-2021, 09:29 AM

11,128 posts, read 9,760,240 times
Quote:
Well, I get them when I can, usually use the Hanes catelog (or whatever it is these days) but they aren't always sleepshirts but Tee dresses. Maybe beach coverups. Sometimes I get them out of Fredrick's of Hollywood or VS. Finally, one of my few boytoys really hit the mark when he said he preferred me in them as oppose to something else "a bit more comfortable".
I didn't think Frederick's even existed anymore.

Old 12-31-2021, 09:38 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Eat less. Exercise more.

Old 12-31-2021, 09:57 AM

7,899 posts, read 7,112,201 times
I am not sure about cotton T shirts. I have a different sort of resolution on using my time better in 2022.

Over the years I have participated on these forums more than I probably should have. I have learned quite a bit. I thought I was making some positive contributions. It seems the internet is full of misinformation and unfounded speculation. A pile of reputation numbers had me convinced I was helping dispel some of them. That was probably a mistake since there is no dislike or negative response available. Complaints from a couple of participants and agreement from a moderator have helped convince me participants often dislike hearing comments they do not agree with. Overall I realize my comments are a lot less liked and less helpful than I thought.

I suspect I will still visit here, but for the next year I plan on spending less time here voicing my often unwelcome opinions. Instead I plan to cut back on the time I spend on internet browsing and use the time I do spend on sites where I learn quite a bit about photography, archery and my other interests.

Using time wisely seems a good resolution for this coming year.

Old 12-31-2021, 10:20 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
I need to start exercising again. This whole year was a no go. Eat better too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement