Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 12:36 PM

11,176 posts, read 6,772,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevv View Post
I am subscribed to 23 different youtube channels. I do most without the notification button clicked so I just get a list on the left side when I open youtube of the channels I watch. That list shows if a new video has been uploaded to the channel and I can click on it to see if the new upload interests me.

The subjects range from cruise related channels, non USA news channels, exercise channels, medical channels, Harry Potter, Space technology info, and local city channels.

One that you might like is https://www.youtube.com/c/Wendoverproductions
Description Wendover Productions is all about explaining how our world works. From travel, to economics, to geography, to marketing and more, every video will leave you with a little better understanding of our world. New videos go out every other Tuesday.
23 You-Tube subscriptions, wow. I think I'd lose track, lol. That's interesting!

Yeah, I like Wendover productions. Also, Secrets of Nature, or "Free Documentaries" mostly nature. I feel like I've been all over the world via these wonderful documentaries. They make my exercise pleasant and the time flies and maybe I even learn something!

How about Bob and Brad, "the most famous physical therapists on the Internet". They are a hoot, like a comedy team, but with useful PT info, especially for seniors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2022, 12:53 PM

48,710 posts, read 35,236,693 times
Just a note for military active/retired, they also have an extensive library (I think all the branches combined) thought I do not use them very often. What cracked me up is on the first page of the AF when I signed up was a book on cooking with marijuana.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-11-2022, 01:12 PM

23,401 posts, read 29,292,119 times
The Week, The Economist, The Nation. Haven't watch TV or TV News in many a year. Don't even own a TV set anymore. Could someone please tell me what I'm missing?

Old 06-11-2022, 01:16 PM

48,710 posts, read 35,236,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The Week, The Economist, The Nation. Haven't watch TV or TV News in many a year. Don't even own a TV set anymore. Could someone please tell me what I'm missing?
A whole lot of crud, and a few good shows/movies.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-11-2022, 01:20 PM

11,184 posts, read 16,102,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Some of the best tv programs/series ever produced. In fact, this era of television has even surpassed the 1950s as being designated as the "Golden Age" of tv.

Old 06-11-2022, 02:07 PM

17,664 posts, read 22,762,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
How bad are the ads?
Not bad. They don't bother me.
I, also have,
Amazon Prime
VUDU
IMDB
HBO MAX
Just Watch
some you tube

Old 06-11-2022, 02:24 PM

14,303 posts, read 14,912,693 times
I have Internet, Cable TV, and a land line from Spectrum. I subscribe to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Paramount plus, Cirrus radio, AOL, and AARP. I have a cell phone. These are the only "subscription" services I have. No magazines nor newspapers and 20 or so years ago I use to read 3 newspapers a day and had many magazine subscriptions.

Old 06-11-2022, 03:50 PM

663 posts, read 438,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
23 You-Tube subscriptions, wow. I think I'd lose track, lol. That's interesting!

Yeah, I like Wendover productions. Also, Secrets of Nature, or "Free Documentaries" mostly nature. I feel like I've been all over the world via these wonderful documentaries. They make my exercise pleasant and the time flies and maybe I even learn something!

How about Bob and Brad, "the most famous physical therapists on the Internet". They are a hoot, like a comedy team, but with useful PT info, especially for seniors.

Several of the 23 are "once in a while" uploads. Others I watch occasionally depending on their topic.

I forgot about Bob and Brad... I watched one of their videos a couple of days. I think they are on my subscribed list also.

Old 06-11-2022, 04:32 PM

2,910 posts, read 1,857,362 times
tijlover, like yourself, I too no longer have a television. Currently a Kindle; Behold Israel.org, Amir Tsarfati, to keep current Biblical Prophecy, news of the world.

Secular, PBS, Antiques Roadshow, Finding Your Roots; Facebook, Brenda Gantt, a cook who lives in Andalusia, Alabama.

When I saw subscriptions, thought of magazines, newspapers. Remember Mom subscribing to a record club as well as a book club for me. Encourage me to read. Must of worked. Lost without something to read,.

Old 06-11-2022, 05:22 PM

385 posts, read 209,611 times
Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix, Disney, HBO/Max, and Paramount.

Spotify

Time, People, Good Housekeeping

FabFitFun, BOTM, and BC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement