Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 08:15 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
We have Hulu + live TV, Amazon Prime, and NetFlix. I also subscribe to Supernatural, which is an exercise program for the VR Oculus headset. We also get Family Handyman magazine delivered, but I think we'll be discontinuing that. We had a friend who kept signing us up for free magazine subscriptions that he thought we would enjoy (we really didn't), but they've finally expired, and he passed away, so no more throwing out unread magazines. They were some really odd magazines like Guns and Gardens, and specialty car magazines of cars we didn't own. WTH????
I subscribe to Supernatural!!!! Bestest, funnest, most effective way I've found to get cardio.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2022, 08:17 AM

5,249 posts, read 3,604,666 times
I pay for:

Amazon
Apple Music
HBO
NY Times
The New Yorker magazine
Apple cloud data storage

VPN service (allows me to access the BBC networks/iPlayer)

(Ancestry genealogy subscription just expired)
(I don't have cable tv)

Last edited by Hefe; 06-11-2022 at 08:34 AM..

Old 06-11-2022, 08:24 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,507,456 times
None. I could say one, but that is only because
they won’t let us go. Even though we canceled

Old 06-11-2022, 08:25 AM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times
Netflix
Prime
Paramont

I'll subscribe off and on to Showtime or HBO to see a particular show, then cancel.

Old 06-11-2022, 08:46 AM

7,747 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Same here. I can get almost anything through the library via Kindle. .
Is that a library in the US, or down in South America?

Old 06-11-2022, 08:57 AM

7,747 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
... Supernatural, which is an exercise program for the VR Oculus headset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I subscribe to Supernatural!!!! Bestest, funnest, most effective way I've found to get cardio.
Thanks for the review. I don't own any VR headset - but it sounds like I might want to give it a try.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:26 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,567,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
I can answer this one.

We still use the library from our last home address in USA, which is a pretty big system (Phoenix AZ) with tons of digital books for Kindle download. We spent a couple years worrying they would ask for a reverification of physical local address but it has been over seven years since and no problems. Maybe we're lucky in the people who bought our house in AZ never registered for a library card, I don't know.

My conscience is clean in that we are Arizona residents and do pay state income taxes, which are in fact higher than our federal since state doesn't have the generous 0% dividends and capital gains tier.

Old 06-11-2022, 10:21 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
I get YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Prime. I also "subscribe" (they call it "becoming a member") to PBS. I also pay for subscriptions to the Washington Post and my local paper. Back in the day, I subscribed to EVERYTHING: The New Yorker, Atlantic Monthly, High Country News, Harpers (no longer published, I think), two local papers, etc., etc. One thing about living in the Age of Internet is that so much information and content are available online that you don't need to subscribe to a bunch of papers and magazines to keep up with what's going on. Still, there's something about having actual magazines and having them laying on my coffee table so that I could pick them up and just start reading. Staring at a computer screen gets old sometimes.

Old 06-11-2022, 10:50 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Thanks for the review. I don't own any VR headset - but it sounds like I might want to give it a try.
If you like music, it's the way to go. I have another exercise app on oculus, and it's fine, but it doesn't have the music, and without it I don't push myself as hard. They added boxing which I like.

I don't play any games on VR, but what's nice is if you try out a game and don't like it, you can return it (less than X hours of use).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-11-2022, 12:32 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Quote:
Dallas, where my U.S. address is. Never seen a library here, lol. And it'd be in Spanish, if it existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement