Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 08:11 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

I think we are all wasting our time. OP isn't responding and in fact pulled the same "affordable" nonsense in a post in the Delaware forum months ago, never responding to requests for budget info.

Ah, well, somebody else might find the info useful.

Old 11-26-2022, 12:18 PM

46 posts, read 42,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think we are all wasting our time. OP isn't responding and in fact pulled the same "affordable" nonsense in a post in the Delaware forum months ago, never responding to requests for budget info.

Ah, well, somebody else might find the info useful.

I found it useful, the information about Rossmoor was of interest to me. Thanks MQ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 12:43 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Default Found it interesting also

I thought it was good information too.

Then I googled what was given about 55 plus communities and 10 suggestions come up but talk about continuing care which I'm not looking for.

I want the social life.

Old 11-26-2022, 01:17 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue512 View Post
I found it useful, the information about Rossmoor was of interest to me. Thanks MQ!
I am glad! My sister moved there, IIRC, in 2008 or 2009. She is now 72 and her husband 75. I remember being at the pool with her back then and an older lady walking by and calling us "babies".. (I am 8 years younger than that sister.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I thought it was good information too.

Then I googled what was given about 55 plus communities and 10 suggestions come up but talk about continuing care which I'm not looking for.

I want the social life.
Her husband is disabled now, but they still attended a block party for their section a couple of weeks ago. They got a call last year from his sons in a neighboring state saying how they had researched and found them a nice place down there that had care facilities for their dad, and wouldn't it be great for them to go there, and both my sister and her husband said, Um, no thank you, we've established a life here and we are staying here.

Old 11-26-2022, 01:39 PM

8,768 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue512 View Post
I also found the info useful, for anyone interested in that area. Rossmoor is a place I would look into.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:38 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You don't give enough information for anyone to suggest somewhere.

There are tons of posts with the same question that includes a lot of feedback. Every few months someone new comes and asks the same question.
That was something of my thoughts.

Having lived an outsider's life, the thoughts of being with a bunch of people who lived the other kind of life (marriage, family, community, that kind of thing) is rather terrifying............but this isn't about me.

Look at the kind of life you want around, what would make you happy, what wouldn't bug you, and search out where on that standpoint, not just on the concept of "active".

Old 11-29-2022, 07:09 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,390,372 times
If you don't play golf, be careful. Some of the builders feel 1 or more golf courses are mandatory. They are expensive to maintain and when the builder has sold all the units and left town it is not his problem.

We lived in a community that had 7 golf courses and only 25% of the residents were golfers.

Old 11-29-2022, 07:20 PM

5,995 posts, read 3,736,069 times
It appears that the OP has posted the same, or very similar, post on several different forums here on C-D and isn't responding to any of them. I have serious doubts that she knows what she wants or where she would like it to be. Just FYI.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:31 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
Yes, it looks like she/he has posted the same vague posts over and over and now is hoping for a relocation consultant.

OP, you are going to have to give folks more to go on, as you've been told multiple times. We can't read your mind and for us to randomly suggest places is a waste of everyone's time. Please tell us what is "affordable" to you, and what specific things you want besides "small", "quaint", and "active". All of those are relative terms and need more definition for anyone, including a relocation consultant, to help you.

Please give it some thought and come back to the thread rather than just starting another thread for us all to tell you the same thing over and over.

Old 11-30-2022, 03:23 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Yes, it looks like she/he has posted the same vague posts over and over and now is hoping for a relocation consultant.

OP, you are going to have to give folks more to go on, as you've been told multiple times. We can't read your mind and for us to randomly suggest places is a waste of everyone's time. Please tell us what is "affordable" to you, and what specific things you want besides "small", "quaint", and "active". All of those are relative terms and need more definition for anyone, including a relocation consultant, to help you.

Please give it some thought and come back to the thread rather than just starting another thread for us all to tell you the same thing over and over.

Agree, I wouldn't bother answering unless the OP comes back.

The OP has asked this question in a few different sections yet doesn't provide much information. They also appear to log in daily but not answer questions. They have three threads on the same thing, two in the last week. There is also one from a few months ago in Delaware.

relocation consultant posted 11-28-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mggs11 View Post
Is there such a person as one that is familiar with the different states and can suggest places to move that would meet your needs? Thank you

Retirement community posted 11-23-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I’m 67yrs.old and looking for a place to retire. Would prefer an active retirement community. Anyone have any suggestions on places which are active,affordable and weather change. Don’t care for only warm weather climates. Thank you

retirement in PA posted 11-27-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I live alone,and am single,very active. Looking to retire possibly Pennsylvania. My sister is close by. What areas would you suggest as being good places to live and why?Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement