Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2023, 02:15 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,331,194 times

Advertisements

I just had a flu shot today. I normally always get it the first few days of October. I have not had flu in over 20 years. However, I do not get out nearly as much as most people, so I am sure that has something to do with it. This season will be different, though. This season I will be out amongst people day and night. I hope the shot does not wear off too soon!

Chemist told me to come back for the RSV shot, or whatever it is called, in 1-2 weeks. I suppose I will do because I already suffer with respiratory problems.

I have no plans to get any more Covid shots, though. Too many bad reports surfaced this past year. I had two shots and two boosters since Covid began. That will have to be enough for me. I never trusted the vaccine from the very start anyway. I only had the shots because they seemed like the lesser of two evils.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2023, 09:34 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'll get the flu shot at the end of October. I used to get the flu when I was a kid but as an adult, it doesn't seem to matter whether I get the shot or not. I've had the good luck of not getting the flu no matter what.

Covid, I don't know. My sister just had it and said it was only like having a cold.
For some people it is. For others it is much worse. I had one friend who required brain surgery when she developed blood clots shortly after getting Covid 19.

Its been interesting to watch how the public has responded to covid vaccination. What I am learning is that millions of people are extraordinarily cautious when it comes to any form of medical care. You cannot shake them from a belief that their body will take care of a problem on its own even when that is not true.

What no one in this forum should forget is that seniors are the most likely of all groups to die from both Covid 19 and influenza.

Last edited by markg91359; 10-08-2023 at 10:00 AM..

Old 10-14-2023, 09:22 PM

2,637 posts, read 1,173,205 times
I'm going a little crazy with the three flu shots to choose from. I went on the CDC website and finally found a section for chronic illness and the Influenza vaccine. Before the Covid nightmare came along it was easier to just say I want the Quadrivalent one for diabetics. But now there are 3 quadrivalent flu shots to choose from. I cannot for the life of me find which one of the 3 is best for older diabetics without the covid mixed in. Does anyone know?

Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent vaccine, Flublok Quadrivalent recombinant flu vaccine and Fluad Quadrivalent adjuvanted flu vaccine.

Old 10-15-2023, 06:09 PM

1,781 posts, read 1,204,228 times
Honestly I would just get the one available at your preferred location and not worry about it.

Old 10-15-2023, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetodust View Post
Honestly I would just get the one available at your preferred location and not worry about it.
Before covid I was doing that and not worrying about it but now I don't trust the covid vaccine.

Old 10-16-2023, 05:07 PM

821 posts, read 464,660 times
Quote:
What no one in this forum should forget is that seniors are the most likely of all groups to die from both Covid 19 and influenza.

...and most other causes as well.

Old 10-16-2023, 05:31 PM

5,328 posts, read 6,014,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Before covid I was doing that and not worrying about it but now I don't trust the covid vaccine.
I intend to have the flu shot for seniors, if available. What flu shot did you have before Covid hit?

Old 10-16-2023, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I intend to have the flu shot for seniors, if available. What flu shot did you have before Covid hit?
All I remember is that it was Quadrivalent. For people with chronic illness.

Last edited by staystill; 10-16-2023 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: chronic illness

Old 10-16-2023, 07:47 PM

5,135 posts, read 3,752,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amil23 View Post
...and most other causes as well.
Like old age. No thanks on any shots. I step on a rusty nail I'll get a tetanus shot that's it for me.

Old 10-16-2023, 09:59 PM

17,353 posts, read 16,498,076 times
I'm 58. And I don't get annual flu shots. I've never gotten a Covid shot or booster and I won't be getting the RSV shot.

In fact, we just had a virus go through our house which I suspect may have been RSV. For us, it was a mild, though hard to shake, cold. You would think you were almost over it and then it would come right back. Whatever it was I would call it more annoying than anything else. I'm happy to have natural immunity to it now because it is a pain. I have not heard of anyone having a particularly hard time with the virus that we just had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement