Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2023, 04:10 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,777,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
You wish.
Don't feed him. It's been hashed to DEATH already.

I opted for flu, RSV, plus Covid booster because I have multiple risk factors for respiratory complications. A no-brainer for me. Operant word being me. My situation has nothing to do with anyone else. Reactions were so mild I hardly noticed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2023, 04:57 PM

7,492 posts, read 3,223,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
I think all these covid shots do more harm then good. Covid now is nothing more then a cold.

I had it in Jan/Feb 2023 and could barely breathe. Too scared to go to ER. I redid my Will.

Nope, it's still a problem.

Old 12-08-2023, 04:58 PM

7,492 posts, read 3,223,452 times
I had a big reaction to RSV (and a mild reaction to flu/C-19). I am immunocompromised though. RSV knocked me out dead flat for 3 days.

Old 12-08-2023, 05:01 PM

537 posts, read 392,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
I think all these covid shots do more harm then good. Covid now is nothing more then a cold.
Certainly there are better treatments for it now than before, so it's definitely an individual choice. I'm not trying to talk anyone else into getting it these days and for me, just make my own decision after listening to my doctor's recommendations.

I just got my updated booster last Friday though. A co-worker of mine had bad COVID-19 and was out for a week and came back (we work from home online) but OMG for a few more days he was barely able to work last week. And then on top of that, another co-workers mom died of Covid-19 last Thursday (they thought she was getting better and would be released from the the hospital and then she took a bad downturn). These things happening in my small circle or co-workers got me to make an appointment at Walgreens and get my shot. My doctor wanted me to get it and those personal stories influenced me to get it sooner rather than later. I had gotten a booster in Sept. (old one) before traveling to Europe at my doctor's recommendation and three months later got another.

I'm one who had no reaction to RSV or the flu, but Covid-19 boosters usually about 12 hours later mean I get the chills and don't feel all that great for about six hours.

Old 12-08-2023, 05:42 PM

8,409 posts, read 7,404,476 times
Back in October I received the COVID and flu vaccines in the left shoulder, and the RSV in the right shoulder, all within seconds of each other and in that order. The only issue was with the RSV, which was immediately painful; I turned to the pharmacist immediately after the the RSV, glared at him, and sad "OWWW"...he laughed and said that the RSV used a larger needle. The pain in the right shoulder lingered a few days, then nothing.

I never had any bad reactions to COVID or flue vaccines before. I did however catch COVID last year, even with the vaccine. Wasn't that bad, just everything tasted like cardboard for a week, and I was tired and seemed out of breath for a month or so. Aside from that, no other issues.

There's a thread over in Health and Wellness where people are suggesting waiting a week between getting COVID/Flu shots and the RSV vaccine. Claim is that the RSV is more effective that way.

Old 12-08-2023, 05:48 PM

12,945 posts, read 13,330,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
There's a thread over in Health and Wellness where people are suggesting waiting a week between getting COVID/Flu shots and the RSV vaccine. Claim is that the RSV is more effective that way.
That’s what we did.
RSV just made the shoulder slightly sore for one day.
No side effects with any other shots including Covid vaccines.
Age 79.

Old 12-08-2023, 07:05 PM

383 posts, read 664,651 times
DH and I both got the RSV shot. No reaction, not even sore arm at injection site. Not doing anymore Covid shots.

Old 12-08-2023, 07:18 PM

1,204 posts, read 934,240 times
Same as djmilf my housemate and I barely felt the flu and Covid. Went blithely in a week later for rsv and OWWW!

Old 12-09-2023, 05:59 AM

349 posts, read 229,389 times
Never got The Vaccine and never got Covid. Yet almost everyone that I know who has been vaccinated & boosted has gotten Covid and in many cases more than once. It was supposed to stop the spread. That's what we were told. Now the tune has changed....it's to keep you not from getting Covid but from getting so sick it will keep you out of the hospital. I have yet to see the studies.

I don't plan on getting a flu (last one was sometime in the 1990s) or the RSV shots. The last time I had the flu was in 1975. I just try to keep my immune system strong.

Old 12-09-2023, 07:12 AM

4,140 posts, read 3,046,164 times
I got the RSV and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines the same day. No reaction to the RSV arm; the COVID-19 arm was quite sore at the injection site for a couple of days. Got the annual influenza vaccine the previous week; no reaction. Got the Prevnar 20 vaccine last year; no reaction. I could not tell you if any of my respiratory illnesses were from COVID-19, as I have never been tested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement