Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 03:17 AM

7,675 posts, read 3,305,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i have ths damn lingering cough now , going on 3 weeks ..everywhere i go i hear people coughing …

i still can’t run from it as i start to cough every time.

will see the doctor tomorrow just to make sure it is still not in my lungs.
it is more annoying then anything else

It is best to get checked out so you know what you are dealing with.

A cough can be a symptom of almost anything.

A lot of weirdness with Covid. When I had it in Jan/Feb I really thought I had walking pneumonia. However, we finally ruled out Pneumonia and it was just inflammation of the bronchial airways. It was not bronchitis as I know what that's like. So, it was Covid. I don't remember if I had a cough. I had this crazy nosebleed and actually enormous blood clots out of my nose for months (just no thanks to all that). The worst was not breathing.

I was in the grocery store and some guy in there with his wife and kid was hacking up a lung. I zigged and they zagged and I would catch them out of my peripheral vision and turn the opposite direction. I mean why some guy so loudly hacking and coughing goes into the grocery store so obviously sick (what an a-hole, you know?). The whole social distancing thing really went out the window around where I live and I completely understand how people are burnt out on that.

I think it was 2020 / 2021 I had a dry cough that lasted months and months and months. I really don't know how many times I had Covid (but, I definitely had it earlier this year). I suspect multiple times. And I had every vaccine (I think I only missed one and that was this summer).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2023, 06:30 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,538,352 times
I was in the UK in July 2022, and visited someone in the hospital several times. I got wet in a rainstorm, but then later had a sore throat. (I rarely catch colds). I took a Covid test and it was negative. Two days later sore throat was back with a vengeance, runny nose and cough. Took another test and it was strongly positive. I am sure I had Covid the first time, but it was too early show up. I had had three shots, but the variant in the UK was different to the US at that time. I never felt sick except for the sore throat. That lasted two days. After isolating I was fine, other than a slight cough intermittently for about 10 days.

Recently have finished shingles shots (no problem), have had flu and pneumonia shots. Still thinking about Covid shot. I have already had four of them, and not really sure about another, unless it comes back really virulent. I will skip the RSV being quite healthy.

Old 12-22-2023, 03:56 PM

5,599 posts, read 6,527,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Every year my mom got the flu vaccine and within days she was sick for 2 weeks. Because it’s not a live virus doctors say that the vaccine didn’t cause it. We finally convinced her to stop and she quit getting sick. I got the first 3 covid shots because people were dying but quit after that. I don’t get flu shots but my 2 siblings do because they have serious respiratory conditions. I think everyone has to evaluate their personal situation and see if it makes sense for them personally.
When the flu vaccine was first recommended my friend, who was 20 years older than me, got it, and got it every year after that. She was prone to bronchitis, and every time she got the flu shot she would get sick with bronchitis. Every. Single. Time.

Old 12-26-2023, 05:36 AM

8,785 posts, read 5,085,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
When the flu vaccine was first recommended my friend, who was 20 years older than me, got it, and got it every year after that. She was prone to bronchitis, and every time she got the flu shot she would get sick with bronchitis. Every. Single. Time.
But did she get the flu??? If she got the flu on top of bronchitis, that would of been the problem. She was already prone to bronchitis.

Old 12-26-2023, 05:51 AM

3,086 posts, read 1,555,299 times
Quote:
that happened to me too years ago. every time I had a flu shot I got bronchitis. Drs couldnt explain it. Stopped getting flu shots. never had bronchitis again or the flu.
Its been many years. Except for tetanus I dont get vaccines.

Old 12-26-2023, 09:40 AM

11,157 posts, read 9,792,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
For all us terminally clueless, just what is it, what does it protect against? Heard it the other day on the radio but it is like the abstract of my diaries, something mentioned without the reference provided. So, what is it?
From the MayoClinic website:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20353098

"Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) causes infections of the lungs and respiratory tract. It's so common that most children have been infected with the virus by age 2. Respiratory syncytial (sin-SISH-ul) virus can also infect adults.

In adults and older, healthy children, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) symptoms are mild and typically mimic the common cold. Self-care measures are usually all that's needed to relieve any discomfort.

RSV can cause severe infection in some people, including babies 12 months and younger (infants), especially premature infants, older adults, people with heart and lung disease, or anyone with a weak immune system (immunocompromised)."

Old 12-26-2023, 05:23 PM

9,010 posts, read 4,701,782 times
Quote:
When ...
and every time she got the flu shot she would get sick with bronchitis. Every. Single. Time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
But did she get the flu???
... She was already prone to bronchitis.
My suspicion is, she was experiencing a mild version of a cyto storm.
Not something the doctors normally encounter or expect.

https://www.uab.edu/reporter/know-mo...storm-syndrome

Old 01-02-2024, 07:18 AM

6,638 posts, read 4,326,273 times
Got the vaccine last week. The most painful injection, by far, I’ve ever had. Arm is still sore a week later. Two others have told me they encountered the same thing.

Old 01-02-2024, 07:41 AM

8,785 posts, read 5,085,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Got the vaccine last week. The most painful injection, by far, I’ve ever had. Arm is still sore a week later. Two others have told me they encountered the same thing.
Same with the shingles shot.

Old 01-02-2024, 05:42 PM

7,675 posts, read 3,305,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post

My arm swelled up massively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement