Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 07:59 PM

3,799 posts, read 2,698,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
If I was ever to "ask" anything of you, it would be for you to stop derailing discussions here. Besides, isn't it time for you to go "walk" Broad St. or something?

So that's what you are asking? You seem really confused.

Look, you know what you did here. You resurfaced old threads to further your beat down of a couple of neighborhoods that you don't understand nor ever will, for the purpose of trotting out your slumlord label on a member here in good standing. As far as I can tell, no sane person really understands why. Is it racism? Is it classism? Is it because you're homeless? Is it that a woman from Providence jilted you? Is it because a man from Providence jilted you? You can tell us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Just as with where I live, where I have lived, or where I haven't lived...my satisfaction in life is neither on topic nor any of your business.

I'm sure we're all concerned. Have you booked a place in the rubber room yet? You should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSpX9PtxwH0

Old 07-25-2022, 08:11 PM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
So that's what you are asking? You seem really confused.

Look, you know what you did here. You resurfaced old threads to further your beat down of a couple of neighborhoods that you don't understand nor ever will, for the purpose of trotting out your slumlord label on a member here in good standing. As far as I can tell, no sane person really understands why. Is it racism? Is it classism? Is it because you're homeless? Is it that a woman from Providence jilted you? Is it because a man from Providence jilted you? You can tell us.

I am here but for one reason sir, and that is to present facts in spite of a forum that has a very bad habit of sugarcoating reality. And fact is that there have been two shootings on Princeton Ave. in the Elmwood Historic District (where the walking tours take place) during the past few months, of which potential visitors have the right to knowledge of, as well as the risks present in this particular neighborhood. That you have become numb to things like drive-by-shootings, is merely a byproduct of residing in South Providence for a number of years. You need to respect that most people do not share your same conditioning and lack of concern, however. Please discuss the topic, and refrain from personal attacks.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I am here but for one reason sir, and that is to present facts in spite of a forum that has a very bad habit of sugarcoating reality. And fact is that there have been two shootings on this street (where the walking tours take place) during the past few months, of which potential visitors have the right to knowledge of, as well as the risks present in this particular neighborhood. That you have become numb to things like drive-by-shootings, is merely a byproduct of residing in South Providence for a number of years. You need to respect that most people do not share your same lack of concern, however. Please discuss the topic, and refrain from personal attacks.

No, you're just a destitute, homeless vagabond who so desperately needs to feel superior to someone... and also, geographically illiterate... among other "issues".

Last edited by ormari; 07-25-2022 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: I didn't mean to imply that there weren't other illiteracies at play here.

Old 07-26-2022, 04:06 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,700,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
What I suspect your agenda is, is to continue to sensationalize your disdain for the state of Rhode Island as you always do. You have demonstrated over the years is a schedule to continually post negative comments about RI. I don’t know of any situation you have spared any neighborhoods, politics, etc. What many of us may wonder is, what motivates your dedication to continue, relentlessly, your personal attacks on this state? The corruption, stupid policies, politicians that don’t always make what many of us may consider sound decisions is a given; we get it. But, why continually do it, as if it’s a personal vendetta you refuse to let go..?
Well said.

Old 07-30-2022, 09:21 AM

4,402 posts, read 3,197,140 times
Quote:
I am here but for one reason sir, and that is to present facts in spite of a forum that has a very bad habit of sugarcoating reality. And fact is that there have been two shootings on Princeton Ave. in the Elmwood Historic District (where the walking tours take place) during the past few months.
Dude, the walking tour was in 2014. They've finished walking a long time ago.

Here's a picture from it. From listening to you, I'd expect to see them covered in blood.

https://www.rihs.org/blog4479/

Considering that the topic of this post was a historical society walking tour in 2014, it is you who is off-topic, sir.

Old 07-30-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Dude, the walking tour was in 2014. They've finished walking a long time ago.

Here's a picture from it. From listening to you, I'd expect to see them covered in blood.

https://www.rihs.org/blog4479/

Considering that the topic of this post was a historical society walking tour in 2014, it is you who is off-topic, sir.

It's come up here more than once, I had the impression that they did it every year? Did they stop due to Covid? Lack of interest? Too unsafe?

But sandsonic, this is primarily a relocation forum. Updating an older post with new information is not off-topic. It is also encouraged by the forum administration.

Last edited by massnative71; 07-30-2022 at 10:45 AM..

Old 07-30-2022, 04:23 PM

Quote:

But sandsonic, this is primarily a relocation forum. Updating an older post with new information is not off-topic. It is also encouraged by the forum administration.
But you clearly have no new information on the walking tour, which is the topic.

Old 07-30-2022, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
But you clearly have no new information on the walking tour, which is the topic.

And in response to concerns re. the safety of the neighborhood where the tour took place, another poster made the false and misleading claim that this area was as safe as any in the city. Not only was that grossly inaccurate back in 2014, recent activity has demonstrated that it remains a problematic neighborhood in 2022. I consider it important to provide updates so that some browser doesn't come upon this and walk away with the wrong impression, thanks to previous misinformation posted. It should also be noted, in case one of these walking tours is considered again in the future.

But you know all this, sansonik.

Old 07-31-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
And in response to concerns re. the safety of the neighborhood where the tour took place, another poster made the false and misleading claim that this area was as safe as any in the city. Not only was that grossly inaccurate back in 2014, recent activity has demonstrated that it remains a problematic neighborhood in 2022. I consider it important to provide updates so that some browser doesn't come upon this and walk away with the wrong impression, thanks to previous misinformation posted. It should also be noted, in case one of these walking tours is considered again in the future.

But you know all this, sansonik.
And at that time, you posted that the neighborhood was unsafe, back when it was relevant, in 2014

Instead of "noting it" perhaps you should bring up your concerns directly to the RIHS. It's obviously been weighing heavily on your mind for 8 years

And what's with the recent misspellings of my name? Is that like when you shout LONG LIVE because you suppose it triggers me? You used to present an alternative viewpoint but lately you just seem to be trolling and baiting. Oh well. Maybe there's a thread you could dig up from 2002.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island