Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2016, 10:39 PM

1 posts, read 686 times

Advertisements

This July we would love to take a drive sampling the fantastic seafood all along the New England coast.
Looking for suggestions on places and losing along the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 10:29 AM

3,857 posts, read 2,734,618 times
Budget per meal? How many days do you have allocated for your trip?

Old 03-28-2016, 03:47 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,193,997 times
In Rhode Island, if you want fried, go to either Iggy's or Aunt Carrie's; for broiled or steamed, George's of Galilee. All are located in the Point Judith area of Narragansett.

Not sure how closely you're following the coast, but if you're near New Bedford, MA, The End Zone may be the best in southern New England.

In Maine, Mike's Clam Shack in Wells is the best in the Ogunquit/Wells/Kennebunk area. Don't bother with anywhere else; it will cost more and not be as good.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:15 PM

8,806 posts, read 5,111,341 times
I agree about Mike`s in Wells...best fried clams and oysters I have ever had.....go there a few times a year

Old 04-04-2016, 02:34 PM

12,952 posts, read 22,128,891 times
1) Bristol Oyster Bar in Bristol for $1 Oysters 4-6pm Mon-Sat and all day Sunday.
2) Red Dory in Tiverton for creative, fresh seafood dishes using local ingredients.
3) Bayside in Westport, MA for excellent lobster rolls (best I've had) and other seafood dishes (fried scallops are excellent too)
4) Little Moss in Dartmouth, MA for their cornmeal skate wing. One of the more unique dishes I've had.
5) O Ya in Boston to splurge. Plan on $200+ per person, but it's a one of a kind experience. It's a Japanese inspired menu with local ingredients.
6) Black Point Inn in Scarborough, ME- good seafood, excellent view. On a clear night, you have a view of the ocean right out the window and Mt. Washington (tallest peak in New England) in the distance. Not many places where you can see both at the same time. (Here's Proof- shot taken from Prouts Neck where BPI is located)
7) Eventide Oyster- Portland (just an all-round great dining experience)
8) Hugo's- still my favorite restaurant in Portland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island