Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:36 AM

57 posts, read 340,261 times

Advertisements

Yes Rt one is busy-ish but in 34 years I have never seen anyone going 80mph on it. Thats hysterical. There are stoplights every few miles. You would just get to speed and have to slam on your brakes. I drive it 7 days a week at least twice a day. South County is pretty heavily populated along the coast. Anything further west would be more rural. I can't think of an area that would be further than 15min from a grocery store until you get south of charlestown/green hill.

There's not much year round in charlestown- lots of summer homes and the charlestown mini-super, of course there is a dunkin donuts, they're not totally uncivilized down there
But seriously- wakefield is year round and a real town- there's nothing in Charlestown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 03:18 PM

7 posts, read 23,779 times
every road is busy in rhode island. people may not be going 80mph, but it's a pretty steady stream of traffic.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:08 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,997,064 times
The road (I can't remember the name) that goes from Cranston to Foster (near the country club) isn't even close to busy. In fact, there's tons of country roads that are quiet in RI. Just not in the more urban areas.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:02 PM

14 posts, read 52,806 times
Hi - welcome to Rhode Island. Barrington RI (where we are) is right on the beach and has the best schools in the state).
Many tennis clubs, pool clubs and beaches right on your doorstep. You can walk to downtown Barrington for shopping, bicycle on our our bicycletrail to Bristol or Providence. Barrington has a great feel - you are in suburbia - yet only 10 mins from Providence. It's safe here and the schools, again, are outstanding.
Email me if you have any questions. tepps2@yahoo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island