Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:02 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,179,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvGuy View Post
I have no problem with the price, in fact it is quite cheap. I just hate the setup of the garage, especially when it's busy.
Yes, getting out when it's busy is tough. The layout is confusing at first but once one has navigated it a few times one can get the hang of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 05:53 AM

257 posts, read 1,335,808 times
I just read in the paper today that they're putting kiosks and cashier stations in the mall so people can pay their parking fee inside the mall instead of having to wait at the exits. You get a receipt that's probly good for like 20 mins or something that will open a gate for you to get out of the garage.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,523 times
They put in the pay kiosks and two cashier stations to try to make leaving the mall faster, so people don't have to wait in line at the exits....now you just have to wait in long lines to pay for parking, and long lines to leave the mall.an average friday night with the new pay system means that it takes you 45 minutes to get out of the mall at 9:30, including waiting in line to pay, and waiting in line to leave in your car. It took me an hour once.The parking is cheap, i'll give you that, unless you work there. The mall doesn't offer employees of stores anything for parking, not even a discount rate. So if you work there full time, you're paying at least $20 a day to park, to go to work. The mall is also bankrupt, and needs major improvements on their floors. Has anyone else noticed they are all ripped up and duct taped together? The mall also doesn't offer petite, tall, or overweight retail stores, which I think is a major drawback in the long run.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:45 PM

12,874 posts, read 22,050,536 times
^Providence Place will be purchased by someone else. It's too much of a cash cow not to. It's one of General Growth Properties more successful endeavors (keep in mind, these guys own Quincy Market and Natick Collection as well). I do agree on the floors though. The carpet, particularly down towards Nordstrom (on the second floor?) is in REALLY rough shape. That probably won't happen while General Growth is still struggling.

I think the number of parking kiosks should at least be doubled. instead of wating in line at the exits wasting gas, I'm wasting time waiting in line behind 30 people at ONE kiosk. They should be scattered at convenient locations.... perhaps one at every door on each parking floor? Sometimes you have to go down extra levels to reach the kiosks and then go back up to exit. It's by no means super efficient now that the kiosks are in place.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:07 AM

257 posts, read 1,335,808 times
As far as the kiosk lines go, you can also pay at the cashier stations, there's never a line at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island