Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2022, 08:51 AM

17,716 posts, read 9,181,543 times

Advertisements

Covid may raise the risk of diabetes in children, C.D.C. researchers reported.

"Children who have recovered from Covid-19 appear to be at significantly increased risk of developing Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Friday.
A heightened risk of diabetes has already been seen among adults who recovered from Covid, according to some studies. Researchers in Europe have reported an increase in the number of children being diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes since the pandemic started."

"The study used two claim databases from U.S. health plans to look at diabetes diagnoses made in youngsters under 18 over the course of a year or more, starting in March 1, 2020, comparing those who had Covid with those who did not.
The researchers found increases in diabetes in both data sets, though the relative rates were quite different: they found a 2.6-fold increase in new diabetes cases among children in one, and a smaller 30 percent increase in another."

"The finding underscores the importance of vaccinating all eligible children against Covid, she added, and using measures like masking and distancing, especially to protect the youngest, who cannot yet be vaccinated."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 08:55 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,298 times
Less than one in five children are vaxxed against COVID-19.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...ccine-tracker/

No one's buying the narrative

Soon this will all be over.

I just fret for what happens when China decides to attack us with a virus that is actually dangerous...

Old 01-21-2022, 09:19 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,694,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Could you be on the payroll of Pfizer? You could be. I don't know.
Payroll of Pfizer? Really? Or is this like the ace crime reporter insulating I'm real estate agent/slumlord investor in South Providence?? What else could it possibly be.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Payroll of Pfizer? Really? Or is this like the ace crime reporter insulating

I think you mean 'insinuating'.

Now go look up "sarcasm"....you seem to be insulated from the concept.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:41 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,694,500 times
Quote:
I think you mean 'insinuating'. Now go look up "sarcasm"....you seem to be insulated from the concept.
Yes, you're right. It's those red swigly lines under the misspelled words. I can never figure them out. I usually just let spell check take a guess. However, your bitter tongue isn't your most attractive feature.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:15 PM

2,811 posts, read 2,182,090 times
Quote:
MIT Research Scientist Says Kids Should Not Receive COVID Vaccines
Dr. Stephanie Seneff:
Quote:
Biology and medical topics
In 2011, Seneff began publishing articles on topics related to biology and medicine in low-impact, open access journals, such as Interdisciplinary Toxicology and eight papers in the journal Entropy between 2011 and 2015.[2][8] According to food columnist Ari LeVaux, Seneff's work in this area has made her "a controversial figure in the scientific community" and she has received "heated objections from experts in most every field she's delved into".[2] In 2013, she coauthored a paper that associated the herbicide glyphosate with a wide variety of diseases such as cancer and disorders such as autism.[9] Discover magazine writer Keith Kloor criticized the uncritical republication of the study's results by other media outlets.[10] Jerry Steiner, the executive vice president of sustainability at Monsanto, said in an interview regarding the study that "We are very confident in the long track record that glyphosate has. It has been very, very extensively studied."[11] Seneff's claim that glyphosate is a major cause of autism and that, "At today's rates, by 2025, half the kids born will be diagnosed with autism," has also been criticized. For example, Pacific Standard noted that, contrary to Seneff's claims, many scientific reviews have found that the rise in autism rates over the past 20 years is due to changes in diagnostic practices, and that a number of studies, including a 2012 review in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, have found little evidence that glyphosate is associated with adverse development outcomes.[12]

Seneff and her MIT colleagues have also published on the health impacts of fat and cholesterol consumption in America. Based on this work, Seneff claimed that Americans are suffering from a cholesterol deficiency, not an excess.[13][14] In 2014–2016 Seneff was proposed as an expert witness for litigators seeking damages from Pfizer associated with their cholesterol drug Lipitor,[15] but the court dismissed the claim largely because Seneff lacked expert status and failed to provide credible evidence linking Lipitor to any specific harm.[16]

Response from scientists and academics
Clinical neurologist and skeptic Steven Novella criticized Seneff's Entropy publication for making "correlation is causation" assumptions using broad statistical extrapolations from limited data, saying "she has published only speculations and gives many presentations, but has not created any new data".[17] Scientists and scholars such as Derek Lowe, a medicinal chemist, and Jeffrey Beall, a library scientist known for his criticism of predatory open access publishers, have separately criticized Seneff's paper for misrepresenting the results and conclusions of other researchers' work. Lowe and Beall also noted that Entropy and its publisher, MDPI, have a known history of publishing studies without merit.[18][8]

A 2017 Review Article written by Kings College of London researchers and published by Frontiers in Public Health called Seneff's glyphosate health-risk research claims "a deductive reasoning approach based on syllogism" and "at best unsubstantiated theories, speculations or simply incorrect."[19] Consumers Union senior scientist Michael Hansen characterized Seneff and her glyphosate claims as "nutty", "truly unhinged", and "dangerous".[20]

Old 01-21-2022, 02:46 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
So the CDC published data today that for age group 50+, unvaccinated are 45x more likely to be hospitalized than vaccinated and boosted. The NY Times has it as a breaking story but I presume it will be everywhere by tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Proud Boy is deflecting from the root cause problem that is crashing the hospitals. Personally, IDGAF if some 12 year old gets vaccinated. I care that adults get vaccinated and boosted because them getting sick is collapsing the public health system.

Old 01-21-2022, 03:38 PM

4,385 posts, read 3,193,342 times
Well, I know one of the death numbers today. 53 and unvaccinated.

His wife has to deal not only with the pain of his loss, but anger at his stubbornness. Please think about the people who need you and be responsible.

Old 01-21-2022, 06:31 PM

943 posts, read 409,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Well, I know one of the death numbers today. 53 and unvaccinated.

His wife has to deal not only with the pain of his loss, but anger at his stubbornness. Please think about the people who need you and be responsible.
16 deaths reported today. Incredible that we are seeing such numbers again (take a look at RIDOH website) despite the vaccine. (And how many patients are dying because of lack of care/staff shortages?). The turnover at RIDOH is very concerning, as well.

Old 01-22-2022, 09:49 AM

HEADS UP:

Quote:
As a reminder, I went back and found the post I wrote in April 2020 when Democrat Governor Gina Raimondo’s administration revised its COVID hospitalization numbers according to a new, “streamlined” reporting tool. The change brought a 25% increase in the count of hospitalizations, and although it took a few days, my original guess proved correct: the state had started including people admitted to the hospital and testing positive whether COVID was the reason they were there or not. Conspicuously, as I noted at the time, the change in methodology came with a shift in the mainstream narrative, from insisting that hospitalizations were the key metric to watch to a count of “cases.” Coincidentally, hospitalizations had started going down before the change.

Ever since, Rhode Islanders have had no way of knowing how much of our pandemic consisted of people with mild or no symptoms who happened to be tested for some reason. (Not to be conspiratorial or anything, but you might recall that the intervening months brought a couple national elections with objectionable changes to the system, favoring Democrats and pushed through as a response to the contagion.)

We don’t have to go all the way to talk about a “plandemic” to see the importance of remembering the history. COVID hit, and governments seized enhanced power, escalated on a ratchet, particularly with “two weeks to flatten the curve.” When hospitalizations began to recede, Rhode Island made its count less accurate, and ever since, we can reasonably conclude, we’ve been overcounting hospitalizations because of COVID-19 by 25–50%.

Now that the politics have changed, the narrative is changing, too, taking up some of the more-reasonable perspectives that many of us have been demanding all along.
https://anchorrising.com/2022/01/22/...t-are-showing/

As usual, Mr. Katz is right on the money.

And it's not just Omicron, it goes back to all variants from the very beginning.

RhodyRepub 70 - Peanut Gallery 0.

Adios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island