Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 10:54 PM

73 posts, read 165,400 times

Advertisements

@richmondpics and BigMike50:great pictures. All this development in this recession? Fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 10:58 AM

139 posts, read 239,716 times
Hey peeps! I see this thread nearly dropped dead.... so lets kick it back up again! I don't have any pics (sorry) but lets take a look at some more stuff......here are some of the websites again....

The NEW West Broad Village website: West Broad Village Community | Short Pump, Virgina | Upscale Living, Retail, Entertainment & Office Leasing The website recently got a makeover, and is expected 2 open to the web sometime 2day......

Cedar Broad: Cedar Broad Apartments, Richmond VA, a +PLUS management community They're almost finished!!!

Shockoe Valley Heights: Shockoe Valley Heights Progress is being made!

Stonebridge (Cloverleaf Mall Redevelopment): Welcome (http://www.crosland.com/Stonebridge/Welcome.html - broken link)

The Centennial Towers: Goodstein Development Corp. (http://goodsteindevelopment.com/main.htm?cent_twrs=t - broken link)

Roseland (HUGE Midlothian mixed-use project): Discover Roseland in Chesterfield County, Virginia (VA)

Watkins Centre (another huge Midlothian mixed-use project): Watkins Centre, LLC. - Home

1206 Shockoe Lane (some multi-story downtown condo project): 1206 Shockoe Lane

Rocketts Landing: http://www.rockettsvillage.com/

Enjoy

Old 01-17-2011, 11:23 AM

106 posts, read 263,536 times
eastern henrico recreation center summer 2011 http://www.co.henrico.va.us/departme...ts/easternrec/

to me white oak village is fail in my eyes i live right near it, since we have nothing on east end they went ahead in build a little shopping center for us but basically its a black community thing, i dont even like it cause its like i siad a thing for the black community, the parking lots are tiny, horrible customer service, the dtlr over there gets robbed, nothing but hoodrats over there, i still make the commute to mechanicsville just because its a better area i dont care if i got the same store right infront of me its better over there, congrats to richmond makin a hotel "John marshall" look exactly like some old run down 1960 hotel model, richmond will never have great building designs, and the name john marshall brings hood/project thoughts to mind because of its location of its hs and its a black school

Old 01-17-2011, 03:01 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,708,299 times
Is that just a basketball court? I think the problem with white oak village is that it is too close to those apartments, I forget the name but it was once "Highland Springs apartments" .. The complex by the library. I always figured either the blacks on that side would overrun the mall or the whites more in sandston would. Either way I hope WOV doesnt end up the next Fairfield Commons considering how deserted (apart from the restarunts) it seems.

Whatever happened to them building a tall building, I believe it was near Jackson Ward or something?

Old 01-17-2011, 04:02 PM

106 posts, read 263,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
Is that just a basketball court? I think the problem with white oak village is that it is too close to those apartments, I forget the name but it was once "Highland Springs apartments" .. The complex by the library. I always figured either the blacks on that side would overrun the mall or the whites more in sandston would. Either way I hope WOV doesnt end up the next Fairfield Commons considering how deserted (apart from the restarunts) it seems.

Whatever happened to them building a tall building, I believe it was near Jackson Ward or something?
yeah,lol i doubt it will end up like fairfield commons atleast within 10 years it wont but i dont see why that still is standing it makes the whole area value go down, WOV its ok to everybody else but i see it is token over by blacks which makes not go over there unless its a emergency

Old 01-17-2011, 04:16 PM

19,272 posts, read 17,138,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
The recently completed American Family Fitness Center in Midlothain.....It's huge 75,000+ Sq. ft and beautiful and open 24hrs American Family Fitness
But remember Big Mike it won't be the same quality as you would find on Long Island. Just another example how we have cheated our children...

Old 01-21-2011, 07:55 PM

Right here in my neighborhood Hunton Park, the Villas at HP are finally constructing the rest of its master plan. I live in the Townes, right across from the Villas! The Villas come in 2 or even 3 story models. I LOVE THE NORWOOD (3-story model)!!!! Lots of people I heard are waiting to move in.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:35 PM

Lets give a hand to the new Reynolds Foil site on the Canal Walk. GOOD RIDDANCE REYNOLDS! We sure won't miss your aluminum foil! Now Canal Walk will finally become an actual tourist destination instead of the world's biggest downtown aluminum foil manufacturing center! YAY! Heres a cool rendering that I found of the site. Note the new tower next to the BB&T twin towers!

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...mathon/R_1.jpg

Old 02-02-2011, 04:07 PM

Hooray for Chesterfield!

Chesterfield officials discuss possibility of light-rail system | Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2011/feb/02/TDMET01-chesterfield-officials-discuss-possibility-ar-814289/ - broken link)

Old 02-05-2011, 08:21 AM

CMON PEOPLE! DON'T LEAVE ME HANGIN HERE......ALONE....ON THIS THREAD.....WITH no one else.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond