Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,040 times

Advertisements

Our family will have made a move to Richmond by next Fall and are on the hunt for a high school for our daughter. She is an honors-level student w/ a passion for Track and Cross country. Her high school experience so far has been w/ an excellent coach and a down-to-earth bunch of kids. Any assistance anyone can provide as far as knowledge of good programs/coaches would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 09:16 PM

1,799 posts, read 6,317,535 times
Midlothian High School has a strong program and she could be in Midlo's I.B. program as well.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:59 PM

30 posts, read 127,517 times
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Cory/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg (broken link)Palo Alto High School (also known as Paly) offers a great sports program and has hosted excellent Cross Country and track and field teams. This last fall, both Boys and girls cross country teams qualified for the Central Coast section tournaments. You can see the girls team progression at the following link, located on the schools student run website.
Paly Voice: Girls cross country qualifies for CCS with 3rd place finish (http://voice.paly.net/view_story.php?id=5936 - broken link)

Old 04-26-2008, 08:08 AM

3 posts, read 8,357 times
Question Military family with high school daughter looking for school with good academics and track and field high school age

Military family with track and field high school daughter needs help relocating.
Help military family needs help finding....great diverse 10 to 50 % minority High School with good accademics and a decent track team or a good summer track team. I have been trying to look for houses for rent in Homewood (report orders) and surronding area with not much luck. I do notice a substantial increase in housing cost ( 500-1000 rent increase).
I am a Science teacher and I just gave notice of relocation to my principal and will be looking for work . We do not know military increase in pay yet, but are scheduled to move June 2 and report July 28. Thank God it is during the summer.
I am originally from Kansas City Missouri and my husband is from Chicago. He is excited about moving close to relatives as he approaches military retirement. After Iraq my husband was given AGR and he was relocated to Knoxville, Tennessee. My son was a senior and my daughter was in the eighth grade. So, I decided to wait for them to graduate. The two years of seperation where difficult especially the Iraq year. Sons........without dad suddenly not around can be a big change. Anyway we love Knoxville for our daughter(and our son moved to Memphis..doing ok). Great weather , great schools and a great summer track team. Yesterday our daughter took first place ahead of the new Tn Vol basketball player Gloria Johnson and is ranked number one in the hundred meter with a time of 11.92. Her school won the meet and she placed 1st in four events.

Please give information about track teams, schools and neighborhoods recommended.
Bless you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: