Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Richmond: to increase or to stabilize?
Richmond will continue to grow to outpace its highest population in the 70s! 23 92.00%
Richmond will not grow much more 2 8.00%
Richmon will start losing population again 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 05:07 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,706,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondpics View Post
My comment is based on statistics provided by UVA's Weldon Cooper Center this year. Not sure where the link is though. And by counties I generally mean Henrico, Chesterfield, and Hanover.
Census 2003 and 2013. Generally pretty reliable. Sorry I threw in Goochland.

ETA: I use Weldon Cooper and Census data regularly. I looked at the Weldon Cooper data (change from 2010 Census to July 2014 estimates) and the growth in the city was 0.1 percentage point faster than in Chesterfield (4.5% vs. 4.4%). Not really a huge difference. Henrico was at 3.6% and Hanover was at 2.9%.

Last edited by sls76; 07-19-2015 at 05:16 AM..

Old 07-31-2015, 11:51 AM

17 posts, read 18,860 times
You do have a point about the military but that would apply to the state. As we were actually discussing Richmond, I don't think the military is a huge contributing factor when it comes to the original posters question in regards to why Richmond is an attractive place to live.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:29 AM

17 posts, read 18,860 times
Besides Yankee you act like I said california is the reason we have population growth and thats actually not even what I said. If you actually read and analyze my statement you would interpret that general trends of overpopulation and high cost of living are in stark contrast from california and t he northeast when then comparing richmond. My post states that that is what makes richmond an attractive destination for those people who are in fact leavingthose areas of the country for elsewhere and therefore richmond will continue to grow in the future. The fact that californians have alreadychosen virginia as the number10 place to relocate to suggests that going forward we will be receiving even more and therefore RICHMOND WILL CONTINUE TO GROW. [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-02-2015 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 08-02-2015, 09:11 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,706,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnmx2 View Post
Besides Yankee you act like I said california is the reason we have population growth and thats actually not even what I said. If you actually read and analyze my statement you would interpret that general trends of overpopulation and high cost of living are in stark contrast from california and t he northeast when then comparing richmond. My post states that that is what makes richmond an attractive destination for those people who are in fact leavingthose areas of the country for elsewhere and therefore richmond will continue to grow in the future. The fact that californians have alreadychosen virginia as the number10 place to relocate to suggests that going forward we will be receiving even more and therefore RICHMOND WILL CONTINUE TO GROW.
Virginia has the 12th largest population in the nation, so the fact that it receives the 10th largest number of relocaters from CA really isn't that big of a deal and has little bearing on Richmond's future growth IMO.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-02-2015 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond