Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 09:11 AM

9 posts, read 8,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesaf3 View Post
You'd be amazed how much has changed in 2 year. Place is on fire, rate of change in RVA is off the charts. It's really exciting.
It's nuts! I feel like I'm at a serious disadvantage because I'm not there to secure a place in person. Rentals in the Fan / Carytown appear and disappear before I can get anyone to respond to my emails or phone calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 10:43 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,887,483 times
Quote:
You'd be amazed how much has changed in 2 year. Place is on fire, rate of change in RVA is off the charts. It's really exciting.
Glad to hear it! It's a great time in America for cities (Jane Jacobs would be very happy). Philly has whole neighborhoods being rebuilt. Crazy stuff.

I hope that neighborhoods on the north side are still improving. Love the four squares up there!

Old 04-21-2016, 08:37 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,782,111 times
yes, hitting 300k in battery park now. Everyone's afraid of not buying while RVA is still affordable

Old 04-21-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrvlr View Post
It's nuts! I feel like I'm at a serious disadvantage because I'm not there to secure a place in person. Rentals in the Fan / Carytown appear and disappear before I can get anyone to respond to my emails or phone calls.
Yeah, you are. No good landlord will rent to you without meeting you. Otherwise odds are that you are a nigerian scammer, it's not worth the hassle

Old 04-25-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Yeah, you are. No good landlord will rent to you without meeting you. Otherwise odds are that you are a nigerian scammer, it's not worth the hassle
Yikes. It has been impossible to find a consecutive 2 - 3 days both my husband and I can get away to visit. Not sure what to do about it.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:32 AM

Well, when we came down it was just me, for that reason, my wife stayed in Boston. I saw 12 places in 2 days, picked one, and went back. You won't get perfect from out of town probably, aim for good enough until you live here

Old 04-25-2016, 09:34 AM

Also, the large dog in the city kills you. You are only going to get crappy rentals, not sure if I mentioned that before or not

Old 04-25-2016, 09:42 AM

No, but you did mention that rentals would be more expensive because of the dog.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:56 PM

yeah. Also crappy in city, was explaining that to someone, realized it was another forum.

Basically, dogs trash apartments. Not every dog, but the problem is the number of people who think their dog is an angel is significantly in excess of the number of dogs that are actually angels.

So what happens is landlords who experience this make only trashed apartments available for dogs. Its a pretty frequent complaint in the city.

Since suburban rentals are generally less desirable, they are more likely to allow dogs while being nicer, so that's a road some take

Old 04-25-2016, 10:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,533 times
how are you searching? are you contacting places directly or trying to use a realtor or property management agency?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond