Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2020, 08:24 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,212,747 times

Advertisements

My SIL is applying for a job at the emergency department at a/the Colonial Heights hospital.

I know the area somewhat, but them not at all.

Is Colonial Heights young family friendly? Is it blue collar or a mix?

Our daughter enjoys the perks of bigger cities, especially upscale grocery stores and nice dining.How does CH rank in that respect?

Are there any other towns they should consider if working in Colonial Heights?

thanks in advance!

the new Grandad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 10:34 PM

107 posts, read 121,924 times
Frankly that's not far from Ft Lee, and being too near an Army fort is rarely advisable. "Blue collar" is a kind way to put it, at least from what I have seen/heard. I can't speak to how family friendly it is or isn't. I would try to aim as far north/northwest of Col Heights as possible. You will not find much of anything "upscale" there. Still, it's in the general Richmond area, and this area has its share of trendy, overpriced grocery stores A wide variety of dining as well.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:08 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,685,561 times
Colonial Heights is fine.
She doesn’t have to live there to work there though.
As mentioned above, living north of Colonial Heights would be the best option to be closer to “big city” amenities. Chester might be a good place. While it isn’t upscale or trendy with regard to retail, the housing is nice and there is a lot of basic retail. It’s clean and growing. It would put hem only 12-15 miles or so from downtown Richmond and a While Foods and lots of specialty markets and boutiques.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: