Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2007, 01:55 AM

53 posts, read 209,876 times

Advertisements

My husband will be working in Hopewell.
Any thoughts on schools for a 11th grader?
We have been living in London for 3 years and would love a diverse, people who have traveled, area.
Any ideas about subdivisions? (350-450)

Thanks!
Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 04:10 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,374,030 times
hopewell is a nice little town, i dont know about the schools though, you can live in chester rt 10 and rt 1, or east henrico which is rural with allot of new houses going up.
henrico and chesterfield schools are rated pretty good its easy access to both areas if you choose to live outside of hopewell.

Last edited by htlong; 02-01-2007 at 04:21 AM..

Old 02-02-2007, 01:18 PM

291 posts, read 1,360,696 times
I have heard that Midlothian County was one of the top rated places in America to live...maybe check them out? Goodluck to you!

Old 02-02-2007, 03:07 PM

Thanks for your input!

Old 02-02-2007, 03:50 PM

41 posts, read 164,173 times
Midlothian is a nice place, specifically powhatan. small town, friendly people. we have good friends that moved there 3 yrs ago and love it. they dont dont small childrens, dont know about the schools.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:59 PM

291 posts, read 1,360,696 times
Your welcomed Remember to consult a professional as well as these forums, use all the resources you can find too! And never pay for a realtor when you buy a home, NEVER! Its against the law but it happens, I should know!

Old 02-02-2007, 04:48 PM

213 posts, read 1,020,581 times
in your price range you could also consider james city county/williamsburg for schools. you would go up Rt 5 and cross the benjamin harrison bridge - i go into hopewell 3 x a week and make it in 40 min or so. we have a diverse population, the college of william & mary has many international students. if you have lived oversea for years hopewell may be too small for you - the HS may not be right for a well-travelled student.

consider chesterfield county - lots of posts on the area, you can get good info. good HS also, close to richmond. the 2 areas offer a lot.

you can, if you choose, hire a buyer's agent. they can tell you a lot more than an agent who has a fiduciary responsibility to the seller - which all agents do unless you pay for a buyer's agent. the State realtor's board can you info. lots of info if you want to do more research http://www.naeba.org/

Old 02-03-2007, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsburgfan View Post
in your price range you could also consider james city county/williamsburg for schools. you would go up Rt 5 and cross the benjamin harrison bridge - i go into hopewell 3 x a week and make it in 40 min or so. we have a diverse population, the college of william & mary has many international students. if you have lived oversea for years hopewell may be too small for you - the HS may not be right for a well-travelled student.

consider chesterfield county - lots of posts on the area, you can get good info. good HS also, close to richmond. the 2 areas offer a lot.

you can, if you choose, hire a buyer's agent. they can tell you a lot more than an agent who has a fiduciary responsibility to the seller - which all agents do unless you pay for a buyer's agent. the State realtor's board can you info. lots of info if you want to do more research http://www.naeba.org/

Good information, thanks. I have been researching the schools, areas,and we will be making a company move so should have assistence with purchase info. etc. I had not considered the Williamsburg area, thanks for the international angle on the situation. Funny to now consider my sons well traveled but indeed they are. It is true I believe that Hopewell will be too small for us-- The reports I am getting on CHesterfield schools seem to suggest that they are very crowded and some seem very exclusive. I will contimue to research and gather opinions. Thanks very much!
Lisa

Old 02-03-2007, 10:50 AM

18 posts, read 74,527 times
You may want to check out the 23112 zip code, specifically the Brandermill/ Woodlake/ Hampton Park neighborhoods. Very friendly people and great schools.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaGal View Post
You may want to check out the 23112 zip code, specifically the Brandermill/ Woodlake/ Hampton Park neighborhoods. Very friendly people and great schools.
Thanks, I am going to check it out---
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond