Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 09:09 AM

9 posts, read 20,569 times

Advertisements

Hi, my wife and I are considering a move to VA and Richmond is on our short list of places to look. We are both in our early 30's and have no kids at the present time.

We'd like to find an area with the following things...

Fairly close to RIC (30 minutes or so max)

Home prices no more than $500K but preferably less.

A country club or golf course to join

Decent schools for any future little Whites.

We would be spending a good amount of time driving to both Charlottesville and to the Hampton Roads area for work so somewhere with easy freeway access and the least traffic hassles (if that's even possible) would be ideal. We could go as far east as Williamsburg I suppose.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 09:27 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,706,210 times
I would highly recommend you consider Wyndham. The neighborhood has a pool, but you can also join the country club (the Dominion Club). Right now because of the economy they're running membership specials. For $500k, you can get a very nice home. There's a neighborhood elementary school which is actually ranked the number 2 elementary in the state. It's a very pretty neighborhood with sidewalks. It is a bit older (you won't find too many homes less than 10 years old) but the advantage of that is you get more mature landscaping. We are about 30 minutes from RIC and 60 from C'Ville.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:10 AM

12 posts, read 47,901 times
I would recommend the malvern/libbie area. It's extremely popular with young professionals because you can get a great renovated older home with a yard, but you are only two miles from the fan where there is shopping, nightlife, and tons of restaurants. You are also in one of the most centrally located areas of the greater richmond area. The houses in the Mary Munford school area would be great. Mary Munford is one of the best Richmond schools. We live across the street and are also 30's with no kids. We plan to send our future little ones there. You would probably have to relocate though once they hit middle school, or go private school. There are also lots of nearby clubs. I do like the wyndham area, but it's a good ways from town and caters more towards people with children. This area is about 1 hour from charlottesville, 1.5 hours to hampton, and 10 minutes to downtown richmond. For under 500k, you can get a gorgeous home up to about 3000 square feet. If you would like any more advice, don't hesitate to ask!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond