Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:01 AM

14 posts, read 40,344 times

Advertisements

If any, what is the Interracial Marriage percentage in the Richmond-Petersburg area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 12:42 AM

4 posts, read 21,201 times
I'm not too sure on a percentage but I think it's not looked down upon. My sister (who's white) just recently married a black guy and they live in a Richmond suburb in a nice neighborhood with a really great diversity of races and other interracial couples. I think that if you're looking for a place that will accept this kind of relationship, then Richmond is the place to be.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:50 AM

3 posts, read 9,875 times
vcuram11,
Which suburb does your sister and brother-in-law live in? I'm curious about the diverse areas in Richmond (I'm biracial and my husband is white). We may relocate there this summer. Thanks!!!

Old 05-09-2009, 03:25 AM

4 posts, read 21,201 times
My sister lives in Mechanicsville. It's a nice little place. It's kind of diverse but mainly black and white. Seems to me the areas of mechanicsville closer to richmond are strictly black, then towards the middle they mix together and then the country areas are strictly white. But I'm not too experienced with the area still.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:24 PM

55 posts, read 183,101 times
Lots of mixed race couples here. Check out Chesterfield, specifically Midlothian. Lots of diversity, not just black/white.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,946 times
why do you care what the interracial marriage percentage is in richmond? are you a black/white couple that is moving to richmond? as with most any city, downtown will always be more acceptant to racial diversity more so than in rural areas. i was born and raised in mechanicsville just outside of richmond, black and white couples did not exist. mechanicsville is racially diverse but not amongst couples. here is the truth about richmond and i am sure i will get backlash from some far left liberal. if you want to move to an area that is acceptant to interracial couples more than not, black communities are more acceptant than white communities. if a liberal says thats a racist comment, go research US statistics on interracial communities in America.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:21 PM

49 posts, read 136,680 times
Constitutionally correct does the the research that you refer to provide data on whom is accepting of who. If so how do you measure that? How credible is your your US statistical information. Help me out where can I find this information.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:24 AM

3 posts, read 10,775 times
i am not an interracial couple. i am a single white man wanting to marry a black woman.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:25 AM

3 posts, read 10,775 times
this is my alternate screenname.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:33 PM

273 posts, read 1,483,033 times
You'll be fine in the Richmond area... I don't agree with the black communities being more accepting and I speak from experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond