Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 01:54 PM

216 posts, read 421,962 times

Advertisements

Please yes!

Valley Bank confirms Whole Foods meeting regarding Ivy Market | WSLS 10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 02:48 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,890,319 times
I am sure Whole Foods will find some problem with locating in the Roanoke area such as not as many higher income persons who live within a 5 mile radius. The irony is these developers don't understand people drive here from a tri state area to shop. Whenever one looks at statistics for Roanoke they only see a small/medium population-income base and they don't investigate further. If WF does come here I hope they can market their product better than the fiasco of Ukrops!

Old 03-22-2012, 03:35 PM

696 posts, read 1,429,406 times
Earth Fare is 100% better than Whole Foods, I would love that. But this sounds like nothing more than the preliminary groundwork preceding initial conversations that could develop into potential discussions about the possibility of negotiations for eventual consideration to be taken under advisement at some point down the road.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:12 PM

174 posts, read 528,711 times
I would be happy with either Earth Fare or Whole Foods. Actually, I would rather get Trader Joe but would be very happy if it were any of the three.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:36 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
Trader Joe yes.

Whole paycheck? No thanks.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 AM

216 posts, read 421,962 times
Whole Foods would do great here IMO. It would draw from the populations in Roanoke, SML, NRV and SML. We load up at Whole Foods everytime we are in either Cville or Richmond. Partly, because they carry great selection of Gluten Free items which you cannot find anywhere in Roanoke. They even have Whole Foods brand GF food. My wife is a Celiac sufferer and this would be amazing if it happend.

Sorry to see so many disagree. I am actually a little surprised.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:55 PM

523 posts, read 654,730 times
Great news. I would love to see a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, or really any grocery chain that isn't in the area that could fill the vacant building. This should be an interest area to watch develop, along with the new development planned along Jefferson Street and the renovation of the nearby historic train station.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:01 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoanokeWahoo View Post

Sorry to see so many disagree. I am actually a little surprised.
its overpriced green-washed stuff. trader joes caters to middle class people who can afford their stuff. And they traet their employees very well.

You didnt see the disgruntled employee resignation letter that went viral maybe last year?

Read a Disgruntled Whole Foods Employee's Epic Resignation Letter

Scroll down a bit past the commentary to the actual letter.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:35 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
As someone who hearkens from a place with many Whole Foods locations, I would be indifferent to them opening a location in Roanoke. I rarely shopped there due to their vastly overpriced selection. All I really liked was their salad bar.

Also, I had the wonderful Wegmans right down the street. I'd take a Trader Joe's over Whole Foods. Wegmans in Roanoke would surely be a pipe dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area