Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:05 AM

73 posts, read 475,349 times

Advertisements

KitKat, I'm sorry but your posts crack me up! It's not funny, I know. I don't think I could deal with smelling poo all the time either. We live on a small farm, about 7 acres. It's all hilly, and our three horses live in a little valley with a pond. I have never smelled them from the house! There are cows within 1/4 mile of us, and I've never smelled them, even though I hear them often. So you actually can live next door to a farm and not wake up to wafts of poo. ICK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 12:25 PM

36 posts, read 95,355 times
Ryleigh

LOL! don't even worry about laughing I laugh at myself all the time infact, I'm laughing now. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE LIVING IN THE COUNTRY because I have so much space and no one ever comes to visit, heck I can pee outside on my lawn and hang my clothes on the line in the nude if I want.
I just know that when we relocate to roanoke county I will be much wiser in choosing a place to find land to build. When we bought our house we kinda went in the evening and had 2 other people who wanted to put in an offer so we didn't really have much time to check the area out. HAD I KNOWN, there was three farms across the road I definately would have let someone else put in an offer. ( I like my house, BUT I DON"T LIKE IT THAT DARN MUCH!)
I know that I can live next to a farm without having to smell poo all the time. I thinks its just mostly in the spring when the farmers start harvesting the cornfields and use the fertilizer. The worst part is trying to eat dinner and every bite of food taste and smells like poo. (Well I dont know about anyone else but, thats enough to loose my appetite.)
Now that I am WISER, if I have to live near a farm I want some distance OOOHHH say about 1/2 mile in all directions just to be on the safe side, know what I mean?

kitkat70

Old 05-29-2008, 02:18 PM

38 posts, read 195,017 times
Hehehe!!!

Kitkat?

When my husband and I visit the Roanoke area of Virginia and see a peeing naked woman trying to hang washing...We'll sure know who it is...lol.

Snow

Old 05-29-2008, 03:25 PM
j1n

1,245 posts, read 4,664,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowCrystal View Post
Hehehe!!!

Kitkat?

When my husband and I visit the Roanoke area of Virginia and see a peeing naked woman trying to hang washing...We'll sure know who it is...lol.

Snow
how do you know you'd have the right person? there could be any number of folks out doing that!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:31 AM

Default moving to virginia

SnowCrystal

As free spirited as I am, more than likely that would be my crazy self outside bare butt naked. If you ever happen to see me outside hanging clothes in the nude, by all means come up an introduce yourself and dont worry I will put some clothes on so I don't TRAUMATIZE anyone.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:43 AM

j1n

I think snowcrystal would know it's me because I 'd be the one being arrested and would be in the roanoke time newspaper the next day.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat70 View Post
SnowCrystal

As free spirited as I am, more than likely that would be my crazy self outside bare butt naked. If you ever happen to see me outside hanging clothes in the nude, by all means come up an introduce yourself and dont worry I will put some clothes on so I don't TRAUMATIZE anyone.
LOL KityKat I wood love to bump into you sometime in Roanoke, I,m blushing....

Old 08-06-2013, 01:47 PM

862 posts, read 1,644,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat70 View Post
j!n

These are the nasty lady beetles we call stink bugs in iowa.

kitkat70
I'm from Iowa and those are Japanese Beetles or Stinking Ladybugs. A stink bug smells a hundred times worse, and is green, flat, ugly as sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area