Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:19 PM

95 posts, read 186,281 times

Advertisements

I know you said Roanoke, but Lynchburg needs a dunkin doughnuts. Although Bills Pastry shop is good.
I have to say The Penthouse Club in l'burg would be interesting. Esp. considering we went to see Bruno at carmike 8. I guess the river ridge mall couldn't play it b/c LU is too close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 07:29 PM

136 posts, read 345,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Hope View Post
I know you said Roanoke, but Lynchburg needs a dunkin doughnuts. Although Bills Pastry shop is good.
I have to say The Penthouse Club in l'burg would be interesting. Esp. considering we went to see Bruno at carmike 8. I guess the river ridge mall couldn't play it b/c LU is too close.
LU sucks! They really keep a stone in the shoe for this humdrum town

Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 PM

104 posts, read 304,237 times
You really think that the reason they wont show bruno at the mall has anything to do with LU? If LU students wanted to see that movie they could just drive a mile further to the other theatre to see it. That crappy 4 screen 'cinema' doesn't play many first run movies anyway.

As far as restaraunts are concerned, I think L-burg could use a red robin or a famous daves.

Last edited by passo82; 07-17-2009 at 09:34 PM..

Old 07-20-2009, 11:33 AM

506 posts, read 1,405,947 times
Lynchburg: Banana Republic, Express (Men)...but then, GAP had to close up so not much hope.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:08 PM

895 posts, read 2,104,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoe View Post
LU sucks! They really keep a stone in the shoe for this humdrum town
Does someone pee in your Wheaties on a daily basis? Why don't you start your own "I hate Lynchburg" blog instead of sliding your cynical comments into every post that mentions Lynchburg? It is folks like you that are the stone in the shoe of decent dialogue.

Jonas- I also think that the GAP closing pretty much sucked; maybe one is in the future in the Wards Crossing area.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:13 PM

39 posts, read 72,513 times
Need a new SCUBA Diving shop to replace the one that closed on Waterlick Rd.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:20 PM

104 posts, read 304,237 times
I thought the Gap closed because they already planned on moving to a new location somewhere on Wards rd.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:25 PM

506 posts, read 1,405,947 times
I hope you guys are right about Gap.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:56 PM

136 posts, read 345,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sregorat3 View Post
Does someone pee in your Wheaties on a daily basis? Why don't you start your own "I hate Lynchburg" blog instead of sliding your cynical comments into every post that mentions Lynchburg? It is folks like you that are the stone in the shoe of decent dialogue.

Jonas- I also think that the GAP closing pretty much sucked; maybe one is in the future in the Wards Crossing area.
No I don't eat Wheaties.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:08 AM

11 posts, read 31,635 times
Chipotle, JCREW and Chipotle

As a downtown resident I would love to see both of these end up downtown. The space at Trio just opened up which is large enough to hold both of these establishments. I think its hiliarious that the city is trying so hard to market Roanoke's "Downtown Shopping District" with the 3 stores that it consists of... Put a JCREW at the old Trio location and watch the people flock downtown. Too bad it won't happen...

This sparks another thought I had. Make Market Street a pedestrian mall like in Charlottesville. This would expand restaurant's ability to provide outdoor dining and a great atmosphere. Just a thought...

Boomer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area