Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 05:47 PM

8 posts, read 11,379 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Brockport. What is there to do around here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 07:24 PM

93,379 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaBeth View Post
I recently moved to Brockport. What is there to do around here?
That will depend on what you are looking for. There may be events on campus or movies at the Strand: Strand

College Events Calendar: The College at Brockport

Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 AM

11 posts, read 35,431 times
Default retirement Brockport

I am thinking of moving to the Brockport/Spencerport area. My son and family live about 20 minutes north of Brockport and as I am getting older I need to be closer to family. Since I would be coming from Central VT, where there are 3 colleges, many cultural differences and spiritual practices, I am used to a diversified, relatively liberal way of life. A friend suggested Brockport because she attended SUNY there and said because of the colleges it would be much more like what I am used to. Could anyone give me more info. on the area? Is there a shuttle that takes people to the Rochester airport, is there a Unitarian Univesalist church or equivalent, etc.? I was out there for Xmas and drove around the area so I have an idea of housing costs, taxes (yikes!), distances, etc. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:18 AM

93,379 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnmoon View Post
I am thinking of moving to the Brockport/Spencerport area. My son and family live about 20 minutes north of Brockport and as I am getting older I need to be closer to family. Since I would be coming from Central VT, where there are 3 colleges, many cultural differences and spiritual practices, I am used to a diversified, relatively liberal way of life. A friend suggested Brockport because she attended SUNY there and said because of the colleges it would be much more like what I am used to. Could anyone give me more info. on the area? Is there a shuttle that takes people to the Rochester airport, is there a Unitarian Univesalist church or equivalent, etc.? I was out there for Xmas and drove around the area so I have an idea of housing costs, taxes (yikes!), distances, etc. Thanks in advance!
Brockport Unitarian Universalist Fellowship - Home

Old 02-21-2013, 06:48 AM

810 posts, read 1,449,978 times
I've never been in the habit of dismissing towns as being nowhere but Brockport is nowhere.

If you're liberal, though, you're in luck. SUNY Brockport won't graduate anyone until they take a set of left-wing social indoctrination courses. If you don't believe me, go ask them.

S

Old 02-21-2013, 09:08 AM

289 posts, read 399,817 times
You hava a son with his family 20 min north of brockport. You live in Vermont. Someone by you suggests brockport ok and your shocked at taxes here but vermont taxes are cheap.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:44 PM

192 posts, read 530,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlook View Post
You hava a son with his family 20 min north of brockport. You live in Vermont. Someone by you suggests brockport ok and your shocked at taxes here but vermont taxes are cheap.
what are you even saying?

Old 02-24-2013, 05:53 PM

192 posts, read 530,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
I've never been in the habit of dismissing towns as being nowhere but Brockport is nowhere.
I have to agree with this post. If you’re looking for a progressive area you might do better living in the actual city of Rochester, perhaps in the South Wedge / Highland Park neighborhoods. I know of at least two really active Unitarian Churches in the city + being close to the arts and the city’s more unique services such as the little theater (a great independent movie theater) or the public market would be a big advantage.

Still if you have your heart set on Brockport then I wish you the best of luck there as well.

http://www.rochesterunitarian.org/

http://uuroc.org/

Old 02-28-2013, 01:25 PM

5,487 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrion14621 View Post
what are you even saying?
Haha, I was puzzled by the point of the run-on sentence as well. I'm assuming he meant to be sarcastic, to imply that VT taxes aren't really cheap...otherwise I have no idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area