Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 06:10 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
What's your point? Are you only comfortable with white people.
My point is the Pittsford Wegmans is equivalent to the latest Apple device.

People suck Wegmans up as they do Apple devices. Apparently, Wegmans/Apple can do no wrong. When will people WAKE UP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 AM
Mvl

102 posts, read 146,516 times
To get back to the original topic of pulling a natl brand and probably replacing w store brand....
My husband is a food broker, has been for over 30 yrs so I do have some knowledge on grocery stores. Before an item is pulled from the planogram, the buyers and grocery VP's do product reviews, usually 2x a yr. The chain will not pull an item if it is making them money. The $ that natl brands pay the chain for the slotting is ridiculously insane. For Wegmans to have pulled a product it clearly wasn't performing. As a rule of thumb, the stores make much more $ on natl brands than store brands. Since they lose the slotting $, the ad money (money they pay the chain for item to be on sale) it clearly must not have been selling well. Also, this brand in question is not the best selling brand in the US. perhaps this is a great time to try another brand? Have u tried Weber BBQ sauces? Yum.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:26 AM

56 posts, read 161,177 times
As a transplant from Rochester, I was ecstatic when Weggies started popping up in the Philadelphia area. Even on a bad day they make the local chains look like amateurs and in most cases the store brands are equal-to-if-not-better-than many big brands. I wouldn't complain (although the East Ave. Store has had issues for decades due to the restrictive footprint).

Old 01-21-2014, 07:54 AM
Mvl

102 posts, read 146,516 times
Teddy, I can so relate. I miss Weggies something fierce. I walk into my local chain here and I just feel like crying.
And yes, in the grocery industry, Wegmans store brands are regaled as highly as name brands. Why? Because they are usually made by the same ppl. I know this as my husband is working w a vendor today for the name brand, then working on the private label with the same vendor. Same quality too.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:41 PM

317 posts, read 747,818 times
I don't think It's Wegmans. I saw the same BB sauce at Shaws where I live being discontinued.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:02 PM

18 posts, read 24,573 times
Wegmans is the cherry on top of a long awaited ice cream sunday.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:36 PM

8 posts, read 12,949 times
One plus for Rochester is Wegmans, outstanding grocery store. If they are dropping the product there must be a good reason. Examples, Not profitable , product is fully being discontinued or being replaced by a more requested product by the consumer.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:11 PM

270 posts, read 468,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
My point is the Pittsford Wegmans is equivalent to the latest Apple device.

People suck Wegmans up as they do Apple devices. Apparently, Wegmans/Apple can do no wrong. When will people WAKE UP?
Great point! I don't understand why they even offer those overpriced and unwanted Asian isles. I have never seen any Asian people buying those product from the Wegmans. I couldn't agree with you more on the Wegmans and the Apple products analogy!

Old 02-10-2014, 12:04 AM

1,891 posts, read 3,448,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Most people in Pittsford are so fuggin delusional they'll approve of anything you tell them to. Shopping at Pittsford Wegmans is all about status, like most things in Pittsford.
We would stop by Pitt$ford Wegmans about, oh, once per year, until the parking lot got to the point where we just couldn't take it anymore. Seriously, the entitled class in that part of town cannot drive parking lots.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:40 AM

696 posts, read 905,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
We would stop by Pitt$ford Wegmans about, oh, once per year, until the parking lot got to the point where we just couldn't take it anymore. Seriously, the entitled class in that part of town cannot drive parking lots.

Pittsford wegmans is WAY to big, if you do a lap around the store is is at least a mile. If you need meat and tin foil you are screwed as they are on extreme opposite ends of the store and you have to walk a mile to get them. It's such a shame they expanded the wegmans on east ave as that was the perfect size before they messed with it. I just hope they dont try to "expand" their other stores to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area