Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 08:18 AM

260 posts, read 978,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
and there are people in Syracuse that like both.....
Syracuse half breeds...!

I have been to price chopper in cicero. Wegmans would spank them in competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 02:59 PM

93,679 posts, read 124,432,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester-WNY View Post
Syracuse half breeds...!

I have been to price chopper in cicero. Wegmans would spank them in competition.
Wow! It's not that serious.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:09 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,456,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester-WNY View Post
Syracuse half breeds...!

You really can't judge Price Chopper on their Syracuse stores.... they do not put their best foot forward in that market.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 AM

1,820 posts, read 4,496,905 times
I am going to stay on the topic,but on a different note
We were in Rochester this past weekend for a family function.. we are originally from Rochester but have lived away for quite a while now (almost 14 years or so...).
We live in the mid-atlantic area,just recently moved again.
First-what a wonderful weekend it was in Roch.this past weekend! the weather was BEAUTIFUL!!
We were so happy to be with our family and friends for a special event!

So,on Sunday morning,my husband & I were sitting with my parents over coffee,reading the good old D&C and looking over the Real Estate (me-dreaming of moving back someday,my husband,stewing over the low cost of homes!).
That leads me to my positive note again about Rochester (I have many,but will stick to this one for now).
You guys,the cost of homes in your area are just soooooooo wonderful! you really have no idea!
EVEN with your high taxes,you can get some fantastic,beautifully upgraded homes for so much less than other areas of the United States.
We have high taxes where we live as well,our house cost us DOUBLE if not more,than most of the homes we saw listed in the D&C this weekend. EVEN in today's slumping market,you by far,get your money's worth on homes there.
There were some beautiful,beautiful properties advertised on Lake Ontario and on Canadaguia Lake for some great prices.
If my husband could find a job in the Rochester area paying him even close to his salary now (we have tried-over and over again) we would move back in a heart beat!
I would move back quicker than he though- he has yet to see the "positives" in Rochester's weather

Really-all that Rochester has to offer ,with all the wonderful family events,the festivals,the STRONG MUSEUM (my oldest can't stop talking about it!) ,the restaurants,the people (they are the friendliest I think!) and the cost of living, what a GREAT,GREAT place to live!
I love where we live,and it would be hard to leave this area,but I just think that those that want to stew over what Rochester "doesn't have".... go live somewhere else and pay a fortune for your standard colonial and taxes ... the grass isn't always greener

SKBS-I know from your previous posts you live on the East side,I grew up in Webster and I think that this thread is just what Rochestarians need!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:21 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,878,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
I am going to stay on the topic,but on a different note
We were in Rochester this past weekend for a family function.. we are originally from Rochester but have lived away for quite a while now (almost 14 years or so...).
We live in the mid-atlantic area,just recently moved again.
First-what a wonderful weekend it was in Roch.this past weekend! the weather was BEAUTIFUL!!
We were so happy to be with our family and friends for a special event!

So,on Sunday morning,my husband & I were sitting with my parents over coffee,reading the good old D&C and looking over the Real Estate (me-dreaming of moving back someday,my husband,stewing over the low cost of homes!).
That leads me to my positive note again about Rochester (I have many,but will stick to this one for now).
You guys,the cost of homes in your area are just soooooooo wonderful! you really have no idea!
EVEN with your high taxes,you can get some fantastic,beautifully upgraded homes for so much less than other areas of the United States.
We have high taxes where we live as well,our house cost us DOUBLE if not more,than most of the homes we saw listed in the D&C this weekend. EVEN in today's slumping market,you by far,get your money's worth on homes there.
There were some beautiful,beautiful properties advertised on Lake Ontario and on Canadaguia Lake for some great prices.
If my husband could find a job in the Rochester area paying him even close to his salary now (we have tried-over and over again) we would move back in a heart beat!
I would move back quicker than he though- he has yet to see the "positives" in Rochester's weather

Really-all that Rochester has to offer ,with all the wonderful family events,the festivals,the STRONG MUSEUM (my oldest can't stop talking about it!) ,the restaurants,the people (they are the friendliest I think!) and the cost of living, what a GREAT,GREAT place to live!
I love where we live,and it would be hard to leave this area,but I just think that those that want to stew over what Rochester "doesn't have".... go live somewhere else and pay a fortune for your standard colonial and taxes ... the grass isn't always greener

SKBS-I know from your previous posts you live on the East side,I grew up in Webster and I think that this thread is just what Rochestarians need!
Great Post! I would totally Rep you but CD won't let me.... Posts like THIS are why I started this thread last year, to see posts like THIS! I love Rochester and would be so sad to leave. It is a wonderful place to raise a family and we do have great homes at very affordable prices (if I didn't have one to sell right now I would be buying myself!!!!!) Thanks for taking the time to write that! Loved reading about your weekend- and what a great one to come home to visit on!

Old 04-28-2009, 02:46 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,604,704 times
I agree that it is smug to not ever leave Rochester and proclaim it is the best place to life. But that is actually not the case for most people posting in this thread; myself included. I lived in NC for 13 years before returning home to Rochester in 2007.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:50 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,878,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
I agree that it is smug to not ever leave Rochester and proclaim it is the best place to life. But that is actually not the case for most people posting in this thread; myself included. I lived in NC for 13 years before returning home to Rochester in 2007.
Then there was my life in Oklahoma and where I lived in the armpit of the country! I am so glad to be back where the GRASS IS THE GREENEST! Enjoying life and raising my family in one of the best places on Earth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area