Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2023, 12:21 PM

6,589 posts, read 3,254,938 times

Advertisements

Now mind you, I'm saying this "up front", and if it becomes the truth, then I'll update it. However, one of my former co-workers, who also lives near me, e-mailed me this morning. He said that he heard a rumor that the now closed, former Hill Haven Nursing Home, is going to be re-opened, and used as a shelter for the illegals.

Stay tuned, for further details.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2023, 12:56 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,473,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Now mind you, I'm saying this "up front", and if it becomes the truth, then I'll update it. However, one of my former co-workers, who also lives near me, e-mailed me this morning. He said that he heard a rumor that the now closed, former Hill Haven Nursing Home, is going to be re-opened, and used as a shelter for the illegals.

Stay tuned, for further details.....
Wouldn't surprise me, but NY gets what it deserves. The state and the special interests there support ruinous policies that co$t taxpayers billions. Hochul put her begging cup out to Biden over this illegals kerfuffle.

Every New Yorker who supports it should be forced to take them in.

Old 09-04-2023, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
Wouldn't surprise me, but NY gets what it deserves. The state and the special interests there support ruinous policies that co$t taxpayers billions. Hochul put her begging cup out to Biden over this illegals kerfuffle.

Every New Yorker who supports it should be forced to take them in.
While I agree with that sentiment, the bottom line is that this insane deal (the illegal invasion) is being forced upon us, and we're going to pay for it, both culturally, as well as financially.

Old 09-04-2023, 12:41 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,473,434 times
Quote:
While I agree with that sentiment, the bottom line is that this insane deal (the illegal invasion) is being forced upon us, and we're going to pay for it, both culturally, as well as financially.
David Cay Johnston and that wife of his, Jennifer Leonard, should be at the front of the line to take them in. Follow the money, the Rochester Area Community Foundation is about to get a windfall from this.

Rochester=Non-profitville

Old 09-10-2023, 08:31 AM

UPDATE

Apparently, my friend and I are not the only ones who heard that rumor. Rochester TV Channel 10 has a segment called 'Good Question', where they address questions sent in by viewers. This morning, they broadcast that segment, and they addressed the Hill Haven question.

According to their broadcast, they said that they contacted Rochester Regional Health, the former proprietor of Hill Haven, and according to RRH, they have no immediate plans for the currently vacant facility.

Old 09-10-2023, 09:00 AM

5,793 posts, read 4,182,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
David Cay Johnston and that wife of his, Jennifer Leonard, should be at the front of the line to take them in. Follow the money, the Rochester Area Community Foundation is about to get a windfall from this.

Rochester=Non-profitville
That guy is such a jerk. Points the finger at everyone but himself.

Old 09-10-2023, 09:03 AM

Quote:
UPDATE

Apparently, my friend and I are not the only ones who heard that rumor. Rochester TV Channel 10 has a segment called 'Good Question', where they address questions sent in by viewers. This morning, they broadcast that segment, and they addressed the Hill Haven question.

According to their broadcast, they said that they contacted Rochester Regional Health, the former proprietor of Hill Haven, and according to RRH, they have no immediate plans for the currently vacant facility.
Hope it doesn't become a problem, being vacant. Mario Danielle should buy and redevelop the property.

Old 09-10-2023, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Hope it doesn't become a problem, being vacant. Mario Danielle should buy and redevelop the property.
Yeah, the area could use another 'Royale Car Wash'..............

Old 09-10-2023, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the area could use another 'Royale Car Wash'..............
The car wash business has been sold to Go carwash.

What I was referring to is the development almost across the street. The high end apartments.

Old 09-10-2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
The car wash business has been sold to Go carwash.

What I was referring to is the development almost across the street. The high end apartments.
Problem with that would be the lack of the "view", that the bayfront condos have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area