Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 05:37 AM

1,234 posts, read 4,590,451 times

Advertisements

Try Bristol Farms i know theres one in Newport. then run into Ralphs and you get Weggies . About the part tome no benefits they do provide some if you work for a certain amount of time I just dont remember how long. My son was a part timer and got some benefits. Now hese full time with better benefits...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 PM

4 posts, read 9,289 times
I am from CA, but my husband is from Buffalo. When we visit the area, I always have to go to Wegmans!!! Why can't the rest of the country have Wegamans??

Old 07-08-2009, 12:49 PM

191 posts, read 946,292 times
No surprise! I'm going to miss Wegmans so much if I move away after college.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:20 PM
swg

18 posts, read 57,447 times
I moved to NYC and I miss Wegmans! Whole Foods and Trader Joes are good, but just can't compare.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:53 PM

563 posts, read 2,570,370 times
My first experience with Wegmans was on a trip up to the Buffalo area. It was one of the greatest stores I have ever been to. Their customer service and approach are something I find similar to Publix down here in Florida. I often said if Wegmans ever came to Long Island, they would decimate the craphole contingent of supermarkets we have--Pathmark, Waldbaums, Stop and Shop, etc...those stores just could not compare. But then reality strikes me--Wegmans would never come to LI because they can't get the dedication and help and customer service mentality they would need to make the store a true Wegmans....at least thats my opinion. The closest Wegmans is in NJ, and I have not been there yet. I wonder if it is of the same caliber that I experienced. I will take a drive over one of these weekends.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:43 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,718,665 times
I've been to the Woodbridge NJ one a bunch of times. Same great services as up here.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:20 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,079,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momgoingtojax View Post
Reading about the posts about Wegmans reminds me a lot about another store we have here in LA called Whole Foods Market. Can't wait to visit Wegmans when we get to Rochester--probably within the next couple of months to look for houses. So you guys recommend visiting one in Pittsford?
Yes..but be prepared. It's not just an shopping trip; it's an experience. Have a lot of time on your hands and try not to go hungry as the temptation to buy everything you see is overwhelming

AS you can read, this thread is full of admitted Wegmans Groupies....

Old 01-02-2010, 02:33 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,493,233 times
Just returned from a new Wegman's that just opened up last month not to far from our new area.... Originally from Rochester and desperately miss Wegman's!
So great to find some hometown favorites (such as Bison chip dip!! ,Hot sauce!) ....
Have to say, we saved soooo much money shopping today at Wegman's than we have ever saved at our local stores (Giant or Weiss). We had no coupons and only saved .69cents from our shoppers club, AND we bought more things than usual because we bought some "speciality things" such as the chip dip,some rolls we like from their bakery...
The items are just obviously less expensive and it was wonderful! we would have easily spent $40 or more dollars on our list at GIANT this weekend...
Another plus for Rochester and Wegman's!
Can't get that variety or customer service from the stores here-that is for sure!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:18 AM

20 posts, read 74,535 times
Wegmans is the best in the west...
Love everything there...great place to eat too..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area