Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 03:54 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,021,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Being that large I don't see how the rentals would be a problem for the individual lot owners. It sounds if all lots were intended to be used so as you say you most likely would not know most of your "neighbors" anyway.

I was wondering if the private owners were allowed to rent out their cabins or space for airbnb or similar situation because if you are not I dont see how these lots being bought by corporations would be allowed to.

Some of the folks on Facebook said we were not allowed...but I think they said that because they think it SHOULDN'T be allowed, not because they didn't know for a fact. The question was brought up, but no one could point to a by-law or ordinance saying anything one way or the other about it.

Personally, I don't see this as a bad thing necessarily, and it MIGHT be a good thing, say if these corporate identities decided to improve the roads maybe, or build an extra bath house or something.

But even if they DIDN'T improve the roads...I actually think 50 renters, who would be guests, and thus have limited privileges out there, would be better than 50 individual families, with full privileges bringing in their toys, etc.

I just don't think it's the big potential disaster other people seem to think it might be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2021, 07:09 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,379,877 times
If septic is not allowed on camping lots, do y'all have outhouses, go in the bushes, use bucket toilets, or are there public bathrooms, or ???

If these rental units are popular, that might become an issue.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
If septic is not allowed on camping lots, do y'all have outhouses, go in the bushes, use bucket toilets, or are there public bathrooms, or ???

Through out the development, we have 7 bath houses. All the bath houses have 2 or 3 shower stalls, and 3 toilet stalls.

On OUR lot, we use bucket toilets for voiding. If we're staying out there a week or so, we go to one of the bath houses to shower.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:10 AM

"I didn't suggest that. I well understood that the developer had bought pre-existing lots. using the numbers given about half."

50 lots are being bought. It doesn't make it 50% of Woodland Lakes. I only used 50/50 to keep the math simple.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post

You're right. It might become an issue. BUT it would also be an issue if individual families bought the lots as well. And everyone seems more in favor of individual families buying individual lots, than someone(s) buying 20 or 30 at a time.

But individual families have full rights and privileges, including bringing guests and family passes...which seems like, to me, would actually put more strain on the infrastructure, then air bnb type renters would.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:54 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,315,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Some of the folks on Facebook said we were not allowed...but I think they said that because they think it SHOULDN'T be allowed, not because they didn't know for a fact......
Well, what do the covenants y'all signed when you bought the property, say?

Old 02-05-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, what do the covenants y'all signed when you bought the property, say?

I don't know. No one seemed to be able to provide any documentation on the topic. It was asked, but in the Facebook Group, no one seemed to actually have any documentation regarding it.

Old 02-05-2021, 09:52 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
I don't know. No one seemed to be able to provide any documentation on the topic. It was asked, but in the Facebook Group, no one seemed to actually have any documentation regarding it.
The County courthouse may have a copy. They're typically required when filing the plat, or have been the last few decades. You probably should have received a copy when you bought your lot.

Old 02-05-2021, 10:25 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,315,790 times
Quote:
Your files should contain this information. As someone else pointed out, the country courthouse will have a record of all restrictive covenants on properties sold in the county.

Old 02-06-2021, 07:10 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,012,965 times
Who's to say what may happen down the road? The new owners may want to go in a new direction and try to get a new zoning for their properties, if not the entire area. We're fighting a planned apartment development of 72 units in my community. No sewage available, no sidewalks on the roadside, you should see the paving job that was done just before the zoning notice was made. I swear 6"-8" drop off of new asphalt and the road isn't wide enough to safely pass 2 vehicles side by side in places. We thought maybe the owner was clearing this property and put 2-3 homes on it, just the right size for that, then, BOOM, ZONING NOTICE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living