Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 09:21 PM

13 posts, read 24,187 times

Advertisements

just a quick fielder. I am using rent.com, forrent.com and craigslist.

any other good finds out there?

the thing that is REALLY frustrating about craigslist is that it has become like the cr section. seems like a HUGE amount or scams, and the like. very frustrating.

my only problem is, we need to month to month, which makes it very hard for my wife and I to find stuff. the approval isn't a problem, we both have masters, and great credit, but, just hard..

just wanna make sure i am not missing anything! thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 09:11 AM

3,720 posts, read 10,000,687 times
It's very difficult, we tried when we first moved here. We finally made an arrangement with a local apartment complex after some discussions. They charged us $200/mo extra to do it and still had a 30-day notice required. You might start with that.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:21 AM

1,176 posts, read 3,181,663 times
Having a Masters wouldn't seem to be a factor (I have one, too). Landlords/renting organizations don't like month-to-month rents, obviously, due to not being able to bank on the income coming in over a long period. They may have to go through cleaning, advertising, etc. after just a month or two. And they may feel they won't get the highest class of renters. Unless they jack up the rent, it can be a pain for them. If you only need the place for a month or two you could look into corporate apartments, though those aren't cheap. At least they're designed for short term rents (eg., are completely furnished, usually even with kitchenware). You could, in addition to the actions suggested above, contact a property management (rental) firm, either an independent one or one that's part of a larger real estate firm, and ask them if they know of any month-to-month rental places.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:26 PM

70 posts, read 234,000 times
In my area in SoCal, a lot of short-sale homes are being rented out month to month. Maybe check with some realtors Sac to see if this in an option?

Old 11-24-2011, 12:30 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,308,084 times
In the classified section of the Sunday Bee, they have a listing for hotels renting on a week by week basis. Depending on how long you anticipate being in the area and your budget, that may end up being your best alternative.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:19 AM

It is going to be about 5 months.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:30 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
There are some no-lease apts offered by single owners rather than managed apartment complexes. They're often found most easily in newspaper ads. In some cities like Boston craigslist will let you weed out the realtor's offerings, but apparently not for Sacramento - screen the results as best you can then patiently pick through them.

Here, try this: SacBee: Classified Ads

Old 11-25-2011, 09:49 AM

thanks man. checking it out as we speak!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: