Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 04:48 PM

484 posts, read 855,150 times

Advertisements

Dog Days Of Summer In Sac.... To hot to cook and a great time to enjoy Sac social evenings.

Any suggestions from locals and tourists of places you enjoyed having AL Fresco dinners , adult beverages, on a patio or roof setting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 10:28 PM

3,720 posts, read 10,003,728 times
I'd love to hear this too. For the fabulous weather we have in the evenings here, there seem to be too few places that take advantage of this. Outdoors, nice view, nice food/wine. Any suggestions?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:35 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,291,625 times
Lots of patio/sidewalk dining in the central city--almost too many to list. My personal favorite is on board the Delta King, an outside table on the deck on the river side. If you can time it so you're having dinner when the fireworks show after a Rivercats game starts, it's "jewelry store commercial" levels of stereotypically romantic awesome.

But my personal list of killer patios and preferred sidewalk dining spots includes Bows & Arrows, Mulvaney's, Weatherstone, Coffee Garden, OneSpeed, Tuli Bistro, Crest Cafe, Tres Hermanas, Michelangelo's, Shady Lady (or the adjacent Burgers & Brew or Magpie) or the new patio at Fox & Goose.

Last edited by wburg; 07-13-2012 at 11:46 PM..

Old 07-16-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Lots of patio/sidewalk dining in the central city--almost too many to list. My personal favorite is on board the Delta King, an outside table on the deck on the river side. If you can time it so you're having dinner when the fireworks show after a Rivercats game starts, it's "jewelry store commercial" levels of stereotypically romantic awesome.

But my personal list of killer patios and preferred sidewalk dining spots includes Bows & Arrows, Mulvaney's, Weatherstone, Coffee Garden, OneSpeed, Tuli Bistro, Crest Cafe, Tres Hermanas, Michelangelo's, Shady Lady (or the adjacent Burgers & Brew or Magpie) or the new patio at Fox & Goose.

Thanks, for your personal picks. Ther're so many that I have walked by and being new I'm clueless to which ones are worth the try.

Do you know if there are any roof top options?

I may give Fox & Goose a try this eventing.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 PM

I found a rooftop has anyone been here?

MIX DOWNTOWN : Homepage

Old 07-16-2012, 07:12 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Aioli Bodega Espanola at 1800 L St. Nice patio. Great tapas. Full bar. Good wines.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 PM

Mix is okay, the other option is Social (although I think it has a different name now, KBAR or something) at 10th & K Street. Not sure if they remodeled it since the one time I went there. Both are basically bars with bar-snack menus. We definitely don't have enough rooftop dining options in these parts--and no restaurants in upper stories, which is a shame, because you really get a sense of the size of this city when it is viewed from the air. There was once a restaurant called "Top of the Town" in the Elks Building on the 14th floor, today local winery Railbridge Cellars has a tasting room in the same place but it is not generally open to the public (they rent it out for receptions and tastings, though.) Great views of the coastal range and Mount Diablo from one side, great views of the Sierras and the valley from the other.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Mix is okay, the other option is Social (although I think it has a different name now, KBAR or something) at 10th & K Street. Not sure if they remodeled it since the one time I went there. Both are basically bars with bar-snack menus. We definitely don't have enough rooftop dining options in these parts--and no restaurants in upper stories, which is a shame, because you really get a sense of the size of this city when it is viewed from the air. There was once a restaurant called "Top of the Town" in the Elks Building on the 14th floor, today local winery Railbridge Cellars has a tasting room in the same place but it is not generally open to the public (they rent it out for receptions and tastings, though.) Great views of the coastal range and Mount Diablo from one side, great views of the Sierras and the valley from the other.

Top of the Town sounds like a great place for business fuctions. I will look into this.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:14 AM

Top of the Town closed in the 1960s, but Railbridge does make the tasting room available for business functions.

Another very Sacramento option is the basement-level bar: an artifact of our street raising in the 19th century, there are a few bars and restaurants in Old Sacramento that are at the original street level, and you can dine under the sidewalk. At 2nd and I Street there is a big open space where you can walk down to Sacramento's old sidewalk level and dine in the Harvey House or a wine bar--what used to be the basement is now an open-air patio for dining. Vega's is a basement level bar on 2nd Street that features live bands, while the Backdoor Lounge, accessible from the alley off L Street between Front and 2nd, has a magnificent dive-bar atmosphere. Fanny Ann's has four levels, including a basement level. If something more formal appeals, the Firehouse's back patio is at original street level...I think there are one or two other Old Sacramento bars and restaurants in basements but their names escape me at the moment.

And, now that I think of it, next to Fanny Ann's is a Mexican restaurant on the second story of the building at 2nd and K, but I can never remember the name--another upstairs patio option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento