Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 08:38 PM

409 posts, read 957,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro View Post
I have a bad view of the southside of 50 in that area. To me it seems like being very close to aerojet and or rancho seco presents some environmental concerns that need to be researched. How about the particles released into the air from the rendering plant? I'm not saying I wouldn't live there, I'm just saying I would live somewhere else.
The original post requested facts about Anatolia preferably from people who actually live in Anatolia...the facts are as posted. Environmental reports are available for public viewing. No reported impact on the wildlife due to contamination. Cattle for human consumption are allowed to graze over the area As far as particulate matter in the air that would be a concern for all of Sacramento due to air pollution especially in the summer months. City-Data.com would be served well by posters who post based on facts vs hype.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 12:26 PM

762 posts, read 2,031,272 times
I wouldn't live there, id choose somewhere else. That's a fact.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:21 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
If I was moving to Sacramento & considering a specific neighborhood, in this case Anatolia, I would want to hear all opinions...the good, the bad & the ugly. IMO, hearing the same "rah rah for Anatolia (or Lincoln, Folsom, etc)" from the same poster would lead me to question the validity of the opinion. I think it's great that someone here loves their 'hood, but it is helpful when others share also.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
If I was moving to Sacramento & considering a specific neighborhood, in this case Anatolia, I would want to hear all opinions...the good, the bad & the ugly. IMO, hearing the same "rah rah for Anatolia (or Lincoln, Folsom, etc)" from the same poster would lead me to question the validity of the opinion. I think it's great that someone here loves their 'hood, but it is helpful when others share also.
I respect the diversity of opinions however if you are posting opinions it follows that you may be called to account for the basis of those opinions...fact or hype. As far as the same rah rah for the neighborhood you would do well to look at the posts by some of these posters who constantly rehash the same negatives of Anatolia and Rancho Cordova. That would certainly lead me to question the validity of such opinions. I'm sorry that you have not read through my posts carefully as I have presented both positive and negatives of my own neighborhood. Its helpful when others share opinions based on fact. Otherwise what purpose does it serve?

Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 AM

For the person considering moving there, the groundwater is contaminated. It seeped out to neighboring cities of neighboring cities. I don't care about the livestock being able to be consumed that are raised there because last time I checked the government regulations on livestock conditions were crap (pink slime anyone?). I'm really not trying to trash someones home, I realize it is an emotional topic, and I would turn a blind eye to the groundwater and the rendering plant under particular conditions...if it made complete sense for me to live in that specific location... I mean we all roll the dice in one way or another. Our air quality is crap, for one. Or maybe you live on a faultline. Whatever, just weigh it out. I wouldn't want to raise a baby on that water. But, I also am one to filter out the chlorine from municipal tap water. Also, let it be known, it is not a desirable location for many. That's it, it has a bad rap so if you plan to sell, people think down on rancho and good about gold river, Folsom, and fair oaks.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro View Post
For the person considering moving there, the groundwater is contaminated. It seeped out to neighboring cities of neighboring cities. I don't care about the livestock being able to be consumed that are raised there because last time I checked the government regulations on livestock conditions were crap (pink slime anyone?). I'm really not trying to trash someones home, I realize it is an emotional topic, and I would turn a blind eye to the groundwater and the rendering plant under particular conditions...if it made complete sense for me to live in that specific location... I mean we all roll the dice in one way or another. Our air quality is crap, for one. Or maybe you live on a faultline. Whatever, just weigh it out. I wouldn't want to raise a baby on that water. But, I also am one to filter out the chlorine from municipal tap water. Also, let it be known, it is not a desirable location for many. That's it, it has a bad rap so if you plan to sell, people think down on rancho and good about gold river, Folsom, and fair oaks.
It's worthwhile repeating that the original posting asked for info about Anatolia and preferably from someone that lives there. Factual info was provided from someone who is a resident. It seems that some posters have an emotional connection to their views that makes them less than objective with their postings. And once again the source of water from Anatolia is not derived from contaminated ground water. I'm sorry if the postings have hurt your feelings, however, this forum is best served by postings that are more objective and answer the question(s) being asked.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:07 PM

I'm not throwing any more rocket fuel on this fire.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:19 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,308,084 times
There are several neighborhoods in this area that have problems with stuff in the soil, El Dorado Hills and parts of Folsom have rocks in the soil that have naturally occurring asbestos. There are questions about ground soil clean up of the former railyards site near downtown and the former rail yards site near Curtis Park, specifically whether enough of the material was removed from a former superfund site. Most homes built before 1975 are pretty likely to have problems with lead paint and/asbestos.

Lots of people are willing to assume these risks given the price of the homes vs the quality of the neighborhood involved but many others would not. When someone brings up moving to El Dorado Hills or the Eastern part of Folsom, I generally do mention to them the asbestos risk, so they can look up for themselves whether this is a risk they want to assume. I also think its relevant for people thinking about Anatolia to know about the groundwater being contaminated.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:22 AM

290 posts, read 544,599 times
If you can afford it folsom is nice, but Anatolia and Kavala Ranch are nice as well. There are pro's and cons. The newer developments south of 50 (anatolia, kavala ranch) offer exceptional value for a great home and larger lots. The downside is that there is not much retail in that area "yet". Also schools are something to consider. Areas like Folsom, EDH have more retail and good schools but its more expensive and much smaller lots. There isn't a lot of new housing available in Folsom. The city of Folsom wants to start developing on the south side of 50. I can foresee the day when the development south of 50 in Folsom meets up with the development south of 50 in "New" Rancho all connected via grant line/white rock road.

I find it funny when people talk about particulate/pollutants in the air near anatolia because of the rendering plant. As much as I like Folsom, Folsom and EDH are at the inversion layer of the valley. That means there is a whole lot more pollution in the air in those locations on hot days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento